Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you store your products?...or indeed, how SHOULD you store them?

Special cupboard? No where particular?

Do they take up much space?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I got me a big plastic box from a discount pound store (the box cost more than a pound though!). Its big enough to hold all my bits and its secure enough for me to take stuff to shows.

I've also got a smaller one that I store the PC in.

Will get some pics this weekend - We all need to compare cleaning supplies!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Upright in a large clear box with a lid. Can easily chuck it all in the boot so if I know I'm going somewhere boring, at least I can clean my car to pass the time.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I have a cupbaord under the sink.. well most of it ! just shove it all in there. The mf's and sponges sit on the radiator to dry.. then normally sit on the shelf under the window in the kitchen cos I forget to put 'em away ! [:)] Might get one of those meguiars boot storage bags though.

They do take up quite a bit of space. She hates it.. I love it THAT she hates it [6]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have one of the megs boot organizers, expands to be a really good size, and more so, you can fit LOADS in it, its also got good size zip pockets, and velcro pockets, and mesh puches on the outside edges.......and it has velcro underneath to attaceh to the boot floor [;)]

·
Registered
352 Posts
In a good old fashioned cardboard box, left in various places around the house. Commonly referred to by the wife as "all your car s***"!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
In a good old fashioned cardboard box, left in various places around the house. Commonly referred to by the wife as "all your car s***"!
Lol.. me too.. except I hate it when she throws it about (not literally !) as cos it's not improtant to her she can do what she likes with it. makes me mad.. bloody women [:mad:]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I keep it all in the garage.[Y]

I use these plastic boxes from IKEA, dead cheap & you can get them in "clear" with a lid too. I have them on some wooded storage racking from there too, keeps it all tidy & in one place .

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10103&storeId=7&langId=-20&productId=14129

When I move to my new place next year, I'm kitting one side of the double garage out with stuff from these guys, FULL ON detailing bay [:D]

http://www.garagewizards.com/

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that will be very cool!!!

you'd need a double garage just to keep yout products in, not just the car!

how do the guiys with no garage fair?...kitchen?random box placed in the house?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Mines in a massive great toolbox so I can just take everything out with me in the summer. Also useful when I go round a mates house to clean cars (sad eh!). All my products are in the tray at the bottom in one big heap with the top box you get in toolboxes full of different clothes, toothbrushes etc. Works well.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
All my AG stuff lives in it's bag in my boot (mainly cos there's nowehre in the house now to hide any more stuff and my garage is really crap for dampness n'stuff). There's a couple of bottles under the sink in the kitchen too [:)]

The only garage exception is the bucket and any new sealed stuff (like sponges, etc) which hide in the garage wrapped up tightly in a couple of black sacks to keep all the crap out!

C

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
seems to beno definitive place to store it.

though the garade is obvioulsy the easiest place to put it. and indeed most conveiniant.

but if you keep in your car in the summer, or indeed at this time of year, can that cause any issues with the products, their use, and indeed effectiveness?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts