Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes i need advise as Arnold Clark in crow road glasgow are still messing me about

basicly they still have my spare key for my golf

when i picked the car up almost 12 weeks ago both key fobs werent working so i was told it would be booked in for them to be reprogramed

i did do this and my main key was done however for some strage reason the spare wasnt

now i have been onto them several times over the 12 weeks and keep getting told it is in hand and he will call me back soon (and yes this is the so called manager)

so what do i do as nothing is getting done?

one option i thought of was to block the entrance of the place with my golf and leave it there locked and say "ooops i have lost my key and dont have a spare" ?

i am concerned that some low life sales guy in there had my spare key and my address

advice please

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Well matey, it's a serious problem - that's for sure.

You need to make a nuisance of yourself.....that usually fixes peoples minds.

A call to VW customer care may have the desired effect........

Get the manager's direct email address, send an email to VW customer care and copy the dealer in.

Tell them that if you are inconvenienced by not having access to your spare key, you will take them to court to recover all costs and compensation.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thoought about the VW head office route Foxy but been put off of that by the way they have treated some people on here in the past

·
Registered
131 Posts
i had a similar problem a few years back with wifes audi A3..i tried like yaself to amend this without hassle and in the end i walked in and asked for the dealer principal and told him basically the car is unbder warranty and i want all the locks changed etc costing a massive ?400+ and explained i wonder how u r gonna explain this one as a warranty claim lol...he ask me for some more details and then asked me to wait in his office ...he went outside and basically ripped the living poo poo out of the service manager and his staff and the salesman that sold me this car 12 weeks earlier from new ...man i could here this from inside the office ...he returned told me it will be monitored and dealt with as a priority and in 4 days i had it back fixed and he gave me 20% off 1st service too ...go talk to the guvnor the man who runs the show there..they sometimes dont know what the others are doing behind his back so make him aware....good luck

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i will try this

so its the deaer principal then?

and does anyone have the contact details of VW UK customer services as i acnt find them on their web site

pref their e-mail

cheers

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote: posted by Paul H on 28/01/2005 19:24:46

i would ring up telling them you have lost your main key and need the spare asap to get in the car

it came into my head

what i did say to the manager was that if i got locked out of my car and had to call the AA out would they foot the bill and he said NO [:D]

like he would have a choice

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Park you car directly outside their main door and sound horn until someone comes to see what's happening!

They'll soon sort you out especially if you start shouting the odds in their showroom!

Trust me it works!............

·
Registered
990 Posts
Ask for John Clark. He's the short ass trumped up little nyaff that runs the branch for his daddy. Failing that write to his daddy personally (he's always asking people for their opinion).

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by dc on 28/01/2005 20:32:39

Ask for John Clark. He's the short ass trumped up little nyaff that runs the branch for his daddy. Failing that write to his daddy personally (he's always asking people for their opinion).

is he the head of crow road branch?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'd go in and raise merry hell. 3 months is just stupid and they need to get their bum kicked. Get your angry face on and if you really want to scare them take in a video camera "for sending to the bbc" etc.

Strange how much getting the media involved helps, trust me [;)]

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote: posted by vedhead on 28/01/2005 21:03:57

Strange how much getting the media involved helps, trust me [;)]

well when i said that i thought about parking accross their entrance i also thought about calling the news papers to come take pics [:D]

all drastic measures but it has went on too long IMO

·
Registered
565 Posts
Wait till it's really busy, then go in and start creating. Saw it happen once at Reg vardy and the guys couldn't sort the problem out quick enough...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It works. I bought a PC which didnt do as advertised. After being bounced about I rang up the head of sales and asked for his middle name so Watch Dog could get his details right the following week. 6 hours later I had my money back and an apology in the post.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Quote: posted by simch on 28/01/2005 21:30:09

Follow the guy home and take his family hostage.

Lets call that plan B [B)][:D]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Part of the problem here is that Arnold Clark are flippin hopeless and don't give a chocolate banana about you once they've got there hands on yir cash, I had countless serious arguements/discussions with a service manager at Sighthill Edinburgh a couple of years ago after I bought a year old Seat Ibiza and the electrics were a nightmnare. car was never away from the stealers and they even kept the damn thing for a whole week and all they did was wash it !! I tried Seat customer care and wrote letters to teh boss but never got any help. ended up flogging the car after 10 months.

Vowed I would never go anywhere near them again....

I don't envy the position your in, but I'd use watchdog, newspapers, baseball bat and give em' hell.

A Clarks are a cancer spreading southward and god help anyone who needs after sales service after buying a car from him.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i went in today to cause hell

so i asked to speak to the dealer principle (john clark) cheers DC [;)]

anyway i was asked to wait in the reception and lone behold the original sales guy turns up with my key and tells me he is gona fill my tank up for free

amazing what a name can do [:D]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts