125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

im TRYING to reset my airbag light on my pd150

1. i have purchased a USB OBD II KKL Cable

2. downloaded & installed the LATEST vagcom software

3. loaded the usb drivers

4. connected lead to port under cigarette lighter

5. loaded vagcom, OPTIONS, TEST and got the following error (ive tried searching on ross tech for an answer)

VAGCOM error

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
none of the com ports came back with a response :(

and before anyone asks yes it is plugged in correctly

·
Registered
348 Posts
Beta 506 is absolutely NOT the latest version, so I am wondering where you downloaded that version. Whether this version, nor any other version higher than 409 will ever work with 3rd party interface hardware, meaning hardware that was not produced/sold by Ross-Tech or our distributors. So what you should do is download version 311 or 409 and then try again with chosing a COM port since 3rd party interface are never native USB interfaces, they only emulate a serial port like a standard USB<>RS232 adapter.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Beta 506 is absolutely NOT the latest version, so I am wondering where you downloaded that version. Whether this version, nor any other version higher than 409 will ever work with 3rd party interface hardware, meaning hardware that was not produced/sold by Ross-Tech or our distributors. So what you should do is download version 311 or 409 and then try again with chosing a COM port since 3rd party interface are never native USB interfaces, they only emulate a serial port like a standard USB<>RS232 adapter.
Also since they only emulate the serial using a USB<-> serial converter the serial port could be set to something higher than com4 when installed, you need to check and maybe change it in device manager.

Chris

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i noticed this too, before it was saying it was installed on COM14 which is obviously too high, i changed it to com2 and it sat there for a while and brought back the same screen "no interface found"

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all that have inputted so far, unfortunately i still haven't found a solution

heres another screen shot, ive installed version 311 as instructed, changed the com port and checked all devices that they are installed.

still no luck

would it say this even if it wasnt connected? surely it would still find the interface (cable)?

Still problems

·
Registered
348 Posts
Have you tried contacting the person you bought that hardware from? Especially USB 3rd party interfaces seem not to work very good and a lot of people do have problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, the person replied with

"i have sold 100s if not 1000s and never had problems. Try changing your interface settings"

Thanks again for your input, it is appreciated

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
This can get VERY frustrating as i found out! [:mad:]

May sound silly, but i am assuming, that when you connect the cable, you are conneting to the car first, and then switching the ignition on?

·
Registered
348 Posts
yes, the person replied with

"i have sold 100s if not 1000s and never had problems. Try changing your interface settings"
Honestly? This is a blatant lie, even we have every once a while a customer with problems and our hardware is settled in a completely different quality class. Sounds more like another excuse with 3rd party hardware sellers, they have no real clue about what they sell and that way also no clue to help you with problems like that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the way im doing it all is

1. connecting laptop to cable and to the car port

2. turning ignition on

3. loading VAGCOM

i have also tried it with steps 2 and 3 visa versa

i take it this is correct?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Doesn't make a difference, in general you can exchange the steps at will as long as you make sure you are connected and the ignition is on at the point where you actually try to access the control module.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
When i got my 3rd party cable i found that it would only work in one of the usb ports on the laptop and had to be set to port 3.
If you have more than 1 usb port try the others and set different com poprts to see if it will pick it up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
quick question

If i was to just plug the cable into the laptop and click TEST it should still find the interface cable???

·
Registered
406 Posts
i bought a cable from a group buy here, ive got the 409 version and im using the usb, not any of the com ports, BUT unless i click the option "force dumb mode" it wont find the cable?! not sure what thats all about but it works for me!!?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you get this problem sorted? I am having exactly the same problem as you are! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts