Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have just bought a golf mk4 Gt Tdi 115pd which has been remapped to around 155bhp (He said it's been done by awesome) but it feels too urgent to go between 1000-2500 rpm and hard to control off the bite on the clutch , its also hard to control at low revs in second gear like turning into a junction or parking,I don't think my clutch is going to last as I have to ride the clutch alot to control the car at low speeds ?I wouldn't of thought this is normal ?

Car is standard with remap and k&n panel filter

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention the air flow meter is knackered too as it's only getting 37mpg on a long run hoping to change it this week , would this cause no low down torque between 1000-2000rpm ?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Forgot to mention the air flow meter is knackered too as it's only getting 37mpg on a long run hoping to change it this week , would this cause no low down torque between 1000-2000rpm ?
Could be a number of things. MAF, sticking turbo veins and even the coolant temperature sensor (although the last one shouldn't really affect your boost but it will affect your fuel consumption).

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
You say the car feel to urgent to go? Then say there is no torqure or anything there? Im confused. Also how fast were you going on that run and was it actually a long run? like 100miles+ ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The coolant temp stays smack on 90 but there doesn't seem to have much torque low down then there is a massive rush of boost over 1900rpm ? It's a strange thing to drive hopefully the new maf will sort it out and give me much more mpg ! I done around 80 mile yesterday and the best I got was 37.4mpg doing 60mph

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
My old 115 used to spool up quick with a kick from standstill.

If you don't like it, remove the ECU and sell it on ebay, there are plenty of people who would.

You can normally get it remapped to standard for around £30

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just put a new Bosch air flow meter on and it's like a different car ! Plenty of torque and more controlled now but still crap mpg ? The temp runs smack on 90 but my computer still stays in high 20s around town and high 30s on motorway ? What could be making it so thirsty ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
map prob not done at awesome, hav you got a reciept for the map?? There are some cowboys about doin remaps and not havin a clue what they are doin. Remap should give you more mpg if done properly specially at 60mph, you should see over 60mpg.

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
Just put a new Bosch air flow meter on and it's like a different car ! Plenty of torque and more controlled now but still crap mpg ? The temp runs smack on 90 but my computer still stays in high 20s around town and high 30s on motorway ? What could be making it so thirsty ?
Do you drive it hard or gentle?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Used to drive my 110bhp flat out all the time and it was always in the high 40s + but I've being trying to drive more sensible with my new one to try and reach over 40mpg

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ive got 150 anni and on a long run at a steady 70mph it returns 57-58mpg easily if i sit at about 60mph it will give me 63-64mpg. I suspect the remap wasnt done at aewsome tbh sounds like its over fueling

·
Registered
247 Posts
Different engine but my AGU was running rich cos of the Lamba sensor by the cat... Not even sure if diesels have them, but if they do it might be worth a look..??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts