Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This story isn't good for my Blood Pressure, can I sue to Government under my "Human Rights" ? [:)]

Discuss.

Oh and if anyone bumps into "Common Sence" whilst on Holiday, can you please ask them to come back to the UK. That is assuming that they haven't emigrated perminantly.

Paul

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I assume you are refering to the prisoners who have won an out of court settlement for being forced to go Cold Turkey in prison, claiming it was a form of assault.

I think common sense left this country when Princess Blair was elected only to be replaced with the all seeing, all influencing political correcteness.

I'd be interested to know what the prisoner were inside for and what they had done to the human rights of others.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you are refering to the prisoners who have won an out of court settlement for being forced to go Cold Turkey in prison, claiming it was a form of assault.
Yes sorry I am refering to that story. It was a quick post as I'm supposed to be working [;)]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
it makes you wonder where it'll all end up

some sort of totalitarian state like in films like v for vendetta, etc... where you absolutely cannot make a wrong step

·
Registered
112 Posts
just read about this - it's a totally bonkers situation. Common sense hasn't emigrated mate, it was strangled and buried under the patio of no. 10 Downing Street just after phoney Tony got the keys.

On another note, other reports have said there's so much smack getting into prisons these days that they wouldn't have to go through cold turkey anyway.

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
I think they have trouble telling the difference between Butlins (which is a holiday camp),and Brixton,which might just as well be.

Chris.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Yet another we have to hand to the do-gooders of the country, who don't know when they've gone too far with human rights. Seemingly, with the general disillusion on the forum and the same from my experience of friends/work colleagues also, can anyone advise how have labour survived so long?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Typical Wimpy No man can do wrong Labour party..................Bring back Maggie.
too true, we desperately need a prime minister who doesn't give 2 hoots about the media or public perception or even foreign perception.. and we need someone tough... we have severe problems ATM.

we need blair and brown to dissapear if the face of this planet.....

il probably be arrested for that... denouncing our wonderful, closet Stalinist leader

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
By the way the prisoners all got 4K each from the government. I heard on the news.
That's a lot of smack..... all being well they will score some doggy stuff and all die of overdose's if we are lucky.

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Next they'll be saying "We should let them all go as as it can get jolly uncomfortable in those cells at times",and don't forget to pay them all huge amounts of money for the inconveniance caused by them being stupid enough to get caught and locked up.

Chris.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Here is a concept. Mr Blair and Co take note.

How about....

You waive your right to human rights when you break the law??

Is that such a mad suggestion....Let me explain

Society can only exist successfully if everyone were to get on and be law abiding. But becuase we dont have the death penalty or get your hands cut off if you steal a loaf of bread or flogged for hours for assault, this is virtually a lawless state. There is virtually no deterant for most crimes. Life isnt life anymore, and people dont get punishment to fit the crime.

The criminals know this. They know that the punishment for a serious crime may be a while in a FOC nice warm cell with a TV and a pool table. Oooh, knightmare. And its you and me, the victims, who pay for this too, even tho we will never put ourselves in a position where we may end up there.

The criminals also know how to play the human rights game now the goons have opened up that can. And access to free solicitors to advise them too. And guess what, at whos cost? Yep, you guessed it...

Once again, it costs those who abide by the law....while criminals cost society in virtually every way.

So heres an idea. You waive your right to human rights and protection when you break the law.

Make it legal to beat a burgular to death if you find him going through your home. WHat about your human right to protect your property and family...

Make it legal to tie a TWOC chav to your rear toe eye and drag him to the cells if you catch him in the act of removing your Alpine HU...

Why put Ian Huntley, a hated child killer, up in a jail for the rest of his life, at a cost of thousands of pounds a month. Why not sell tickets so a handful of people can have him thrown into a room and beat him to death for their pleasure. Televise it, 'beat the criminal' presented by Vernon Kaye, where criminals are publically humiliated and punished for the nation to enjoy.

It may sound far fetched, but my god would it make people think twice if they know there is no easy ride.

Make jail a punishment. Not a holiday camp. Make them work 10 hours hard labour a day. Cram them into filthy cells like most other countries do. Make them work in the community for free on release cleaning the place up...Make the experience horrible.

Fear of going back is cheaper than overpaid idiots holding courses on their successful rehabilitation back into society.

Send illegal immigrants back home, not bang them up when we finally get them for their crimes or fart ass around their feelings. If they want to be here, they abide by OUR laws. And if they cant pay their way or offer us anything, they cannot stay.

If jail is somewhere you REALLY dont want to be stuck, then most criminals might think about the doing the crime if they have to do the time.

FFS, it really isnt that hard to instill some respect into our society and tighten up on these billions we are wasting every year. But we seem hell bent on not doing logical things, instead we pander to what the EU tells us, even though every other member of the EU tells them where to go...

·
Registered
13 Posts

How about....

Society can only exist successfully if everyone were to get on and be law abiding. But becuase we dont have the death penalty or get your hands cut off if you steal a loaf of bread or flogged for hours for assault, this is virtually a lawless state. There is virtually no deterant for most crimes. Life isnt life anymore, and people dont get punishment to fit the crime.

The criminals know this. They know that the punishment for a serious crime may be a while in a FOC nice warm cell with a TV and a pool table. Oooh, knightmare. And its you and me, the victims, who pay for this too, even tho we will never put ourselves in a position where we may end up there.

The criminals also know how to play the human rights game now the goons have opened up that can. And access to free solicitors to advise them too. And guess what, at whos cost? Yep, you guessed it...

Once again, it costs those who abide by the law....while criminals cost society in virtually every way.

So heres an idea. You waive your right to human rights and protection when you break the law.

Make it legal to beat a burgular to death if you find him going through your home. WHat about your human right to protect your property and family...

Make it legal to tie a TWOC chav to your rear toe eye and drag him to the cells if you catch him in the act of removing your Alpine HU...

Why put Ian Huntley, a hated child killer, up in a jail for the rest of his life, at a cost of thousands of pounds a month. Why not sell tickets so a handful of people can have him thrown into a room and beat him to death for their pleasure. Televise it, 'beat the criminal' presented by Vernon Kaye, where criminals are publically humiliated and punished for the nation to enjoy.

It may sound far fetched, but my god would it make people think twice if they know there is no easy ride.

Make jail a punishment. Not a holiday camp. Make them work 10 hours hard labour a day. Cram them into filthy cells like most other countries do. Make them work in the community for free on release cleaning the place up...Make the experience horrible.

Fear of going back is cheaper than overpaid idiots holding courses on their successful rehabilitation back into society.

Send illegal immigrants back home, not bang them up when we finally get them for their crimes or fart ass around their feelings. If they want to be here, they abide by OUR laws. And if they cant pay their way or offer us anything, they cannot stay.

If jail is somewhere you REALLY dont want to be stuck, then most criminals might think about the doing the crime if they have to do the time.

FFS, it really isnt that hard to instill some respect into our society and tighten up on these billions we are wasting every year. But we seem hell bent on not doing logical things, instead we pander to what the EU tells us, even though every other member of the EU tells them where to go...
Amen to that [Y]

You would get my vote

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
And it IS a very sad state when the criminals do have more rights than victims and law abiding people. But it is the people we trust to run our country and affairs that have allowed it to work this way...

Common sense the is shooting people who make bad and mad decisions....

·
Registered
582 Posts

How about....

Amen to that [Y]

You would get my vote
Mine too [Y]

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

How about....

Absolutely spot on. Nothing more to add to that...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts