Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i get them from and how much and do they do them with wear indicators as mine are about half wourn and do not want to rush in to geting so as i want to pay a good price for then amd says they are 58+vat and delivery for brembos and for the green stuff they are 90+vat and dilivery and no sensors on them just wanted to know if any you lads seen the for less as wee all know that amd are like

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Try your local seat dealer. Ask for ibiza cupra r pads, or leon ones if you want wear indicators.

·
Registered
287 Posts
ah of course good call! If you do PJ pop the prices up here so I can compare with my dealer.

ps wilko, got my gasket and nuts yesterday... hopefully I can seal that baby back up this weekend!

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Bloomin ek rich, that too a while. I think I might get some spare gaskets etc just in case.

Forgot to say. You can get the green stuffs for about 70 quid if you shop around. They work well, but they seem to have done a good job of cracking my discs. Very little wear on either disc or pad though, and easy to clean wheels. I think I'll go back to standard galfer pads next time though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
When I've fitted it i'll just regularly check the nuts, every two to three weeks probably. That said, then nuts I have now appear to be different to the ones that are on but I'll confirm this when I get deep down and dirty this weekend.

Also appears one of them is in from a different side than was expected. But as they are different nuts and this was an over the phone convo it could be just different views. But this weekend I shall know more.

bring on the rain!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well as for green stuff i should miss that then as disks are not cheep. brakes are fantastic i cant see then brakes geting any better i may try seat tomorrow as only done about 3-4k and half worn i like to have some safety as dont to go down to the metal

·
Registered
189 Posts
i phoned a seat dealer the other day, they told me discs to suit seat leon cupra r brembo callipers would cost me ?64pound plus vat each and pads would cost ?74 plus vat. does that sound right??

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote: posted by incar on 11/11/2004 22:05:34

i phoned a seat dealer the other day, they told me discs to suit seat leon cupra r brembo callipers would cost me ?64pound plus vat each and pads would cost ?74 plus vat. does that sound right??

That's a good price for the discs - I was quoted ?109 inc VAT per disc!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Quote: posted by incar on 11/11/2004 22:05:34

about the same price as a set of fronts for the bog standard brakes.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i got ?550 for 2 x drilled disks 2 s/s brake hoses and 2 monting brackets or plates what ever you call them thats all in for brembos i got off ebay for ?200

·
Registered
942 Posts
Do they use the Cupra R discs and a different calliper, but the pad is the same as a Cupra?

I'm tempted to go for green stuff, as my discs aren't drilled or grooved. I'm really not impressed with them at times though. Think I have a steering/steering rack problem though.

·
Registered
680 Posts
You could always try Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads for improved stopping ability over and above OE pads.

they stop VERY well.

·
Registered
680 Posts
They are ?135+vat so not cheap but for me lasted x3 longer on ickle Ibiza compared to OE pads. Performance is improved quite a lot. I distribute them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so bill do they have wear indicators on them and will there be balace with vented x driled on rear off V5

·
Registered
942 Posts
Is that per side or a full set of pads for the front end, Bill? I would be interested in those possibly, and will try and get hold of the super dot4 fluid that you use too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts