Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup people.. I'm looking to do a paintjob my Mk4 Golf considering it has scratches inflicted by shopping trolleys etc. I was wondering if anyone has done the same recently.. Just curious on how much it might cost and also if anyone can recommend the best garage or bodyshop that do good paint work. Cheers guys

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Put it this way... looking at the reciept for the repairs to my car....
to spray a bumper, bonnet, wing, door and a few other odds and sods is
costing the wrong side of ?700... and thats a discounted rate to my
insurers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
?3K...!? Ouch! Mind you... that doesn't suprise me...

I own an Aprilia RSV1000 Mille (motorcycle)... and whenever I've 'binned' that, it usually costs ?900-plus just to have the panels resprayed (and that's supposed to be cheap).

Gone are the days of the good old fashioned Mk2 Cortina 'blow over'...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Decent respray in the same colour your looking at over 2k. Different colour.. depends how different (ie different shade of silver would probably not mean engine out job etc, but at least 3K)[:|]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Spoke to my local bodyshop guy today. He reckoned ?1300/?1400 for a
same colour respray and a none engine out, but door sills, boot etc
different colour about ?2000. Not bad including paint, labour etc.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Spoke to my local bodyshop guy today. He reckoned ?1300/?1400 for a same colour respray and a none engine out, but door sills, boot etc different colour about ?2000. Not bad including paint, labour etc.
2K good price if that includes VAT, and not forgetting the old favourite "sundries" [:D]

Do tradesmen still add on "sundries" or am i showing my age [;)]

·
Registered
166 Posts
This might help...it might not...but am in the middle of re-doing my mk2....av stripped the thing down to a shell again...no engine in it, just the dash. And its costing in the region of ?1800...and thats a major colour change.

Good luck with yours[;)]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
my mate had a FULL re-spray on his MK1 golf a few months back at the bodyshop i use in the gti black.....?1200 ALL IN. And beleave me the job they have done is PERFECT. It looks awesome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks GeordieLife for going out of your way to find this out for me. Very encouraging figures. Might have to consider it after all.. Just out of interest, what is the name of your local body shop? Are they very good?

Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts