Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting some pressed plates for my car but was just wondering if they're road legal or not and if so where's the best place to get some from? Cheers guys

·
Registered
927 Posts
font must conform to uk standards, so the german lettering style is technically not legal

I wanted pressed plates, but i went the whole deal, got the VED and region stickers, the hyphon, the german font, and more importantly, both plates are white

·
Registered
88 Posts
managed nearly 6 months before got stopped and fined for mine! only heard about dubmiester plates afterwards! mr plod was less than amused by the german font ,aparently the fact he could easily read them wasnt the point[:)]

·
Registered
88 Posts
managed nearly 6 months before got stopped and fined for mine! only heard about dubmiester plates afterwards! mr plod was less than amused by the german font ,aparently the fact he could easily read them wasnt the point[:)]

·
Touran Taxi
577 Posts
There was a group buy for them on golfgti from dubmeister. They are 100% legal and conform to all the silly little rules the DVLA and police state.

·
Registered
V6 4Motion
933 Posts
I have the dubmiester ones on mine and now my other half wants a set for her GTI , anyone know of a group buy going on ?

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you have pressed metal plates do you have to have GB (or nothing) on them, or can you have the D for Germany or is that illegal. Thanks.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've had some on my car since december and never been pulled for
Them until a traffic car pulled me for a light out and noticed them , had 14 days to remove them
:(

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi mate try out Car Audio Security as the pressed plates they do were slightly cheaper than the dubmeister ones and were totally road legal. Ive got a set on my mk4. You might also want to check out Mercedes Benz Brooklands for the Wurth plate surrounds if you want to run surrounds instead of drilling or sticking them on. The surrounds were a fiver for a pair when i bought them (they dont have any dealer markings on them) and Car Audio Securitys pressed plates were £35 with or without the euroband. You could also try cool air vw for prices as their pressed plates are fully road legal to.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts