Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone come across pressed number plates from G-Werks? Apparently they are road legal and at ?38 a pair not a bad price.

Has anyone used these on their Mk4 or know of any pics with them fitted to a Mk4?

·
Registered
135 Posts
i ordered mine from dubmeister website for 30 somthing quid
didn't send any documents, just phoned up and asked if i could do it without documents and they told me to put in my license number in the order form and 2 other numbers off my v5 onto the order form, a few days later, legal pressed plates arrived :D

i would tell anyone to go to dubmeister that wants legal pressed plates [Y]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have them from Dubmeister they are legal.

The plates must have the BS marks, correct fonts and spacing and the postcode of the company that you got them from. Which they do.

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Thought they were banned in the uk ??
Although I'd like a set that are legal such as these are,almost all traffic police don't think they are so I really couldn't be bothered with the hassle od being stooped 26 times a day for my illegal number plates[cop].

Think I'll stick with my TVR number plates instead[:-*].

Chris.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Thought they were banned in the uk ??
Although I'd like a set that are legal such as these are,almost all traffic police don't think they are so I really couldn't be bothered with the hassle od being stooped 26 times a day for my illegal number plates

Think I'll stick with my TVR number plates instead

Chris.
forreal man, no officer realises where you got them from, just that they think they are all illegal

·
Touran Taxi
577 Posts
Got mine from Dubmeister in a group buy and have had no problems with the police in the 6 months that I've had them on.

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Had mine for a good year and never been hassled about them once. Been pulled a few times in that year for other things too [:-*]

Peter

·
Registered
144 Posts
ive had these on my polo for over a year now ive never been stopped by police for them
also just bought a set for my golf a few days ago at £30 for both front and rear.
Hope that settles your mind abit!
Joe

·
Registered
135 Posts
Posted Image

well worth £30 mate, might not look too differant in pics but in person they look a lot smarter than normal plates i think

·
Registered
133 Posts
I thought these were illegal? Was going to get some but a copper pulled me over for having a illegal font apparently a few months back. Didnt think much of it as it was there when I brought my car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts