Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could one of you kind knowers of this info please show me how to connect an Amp to my MFD2?

I hate not having bass anymore and am rubbish with anything electrical

i wuv woo all

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Posted Image

I think it's got to be the pins near the top " LO-R and LO-L" for line-out Right and Left, respectively.

Not defacto as yet - but the signs look good.......

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. I take it these are just line level outputs and you would connect a line level to RCA adaptor to them?

I may get bored and rip the sat nav out later and check

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yeah - I expect them to be pre-outs (i.e. line-level - perhaps 600mV-2000mV range?)

I hope they are OK for preouts, as i'm about to run a sub off the suckas !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
think u just need a line level to rca adaptor.  But i'm waiting for Foxy to try as can't be bothered removing Head unit to try unless i know it works......i'm scottish and lazy, its tough

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Give Blankpunt UK a call or email as they manufacture the unit, I'm sure you can buy a pre-made cable which plugs into the back of the unit and gives 2 sets of RCA.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Just phone them up and they didnt have a clue what a MFD2 was

They said that they prodce the housings for many car makers but the software is all VWs and they may be able to suppy a cable for pre outs if the pins on the back are the same as one of their normal headunits!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can you get these in the UK does anyone know as he does not seem to list UK posting only germany only.

Im guessing as both the RCD500 and the MFD2 can have the optional soundpack or dynaudio pack in the passat they will both have this type of preout link, as well as the DVD version of the satnav that can now be ordered on golfs.(?1845)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Hold tight for now.....i've sussed the part numbers and will get price asap.

The quality of the German item looks kack - cheapo screened wire and crappy moulded unscreened RCA females - yeuk !

If there's enough demand, i'll be making a few sets of these - with only TOP materials !!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Let us know how it works out Foxy! The only problem I can see is getting a remote turn on signal, though i've read somewhere that someone's grafted a link from one of the CD changer connections.

Edit:-

Right I knew I saw this somewhere!

Check this page out:

http://www.crp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/GolfV/radio.htm

The guy is showing how he integrated his nokia hands free kit into the RCD 300, basically towards the bottom he has identified a pin that goes +12V on the CD changer port when the radio is switched on, that should do for a remote on!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yeah - that's one of our guy's "how-to" guides.......

Here are the part numbers for the pre-out adapter plug, if you want them......if you have the CD changer lead (with CD changer or Phatnoise connected) then you won't need the green housing (plug)
You will, however, need two of the wires (giving you four terminals - you need three)

Required Parts

PartNo 3B7 035 447 B - Green housing for phone connector
PartNo 000 979 009 - Wires for insertion into connector housing. Each part contains 1 wire with two pins.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
me sir if you have 1 still available, my ebay one fell through since i could not transfer the cash to his silly german bank!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts