Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have owned my car for a year now and thinking of increasing the power. anyone have any good sugestions as to where to start? was thinking of an induction kit to start with....Cheers!

·
Registered
881 Posts
An induction kit will give you little or no power increase at all to be honest, just some nice sound, as for power tips it all depends on how much money you have to spend, i.e. if you've got around £400-£500 definatly go for a engine re-map from any of the companies mentioned on the site like jabba, revo, custom code, superchips, chipped uk... etc, etc.

Most of them will give you around a 40-50bhp increase!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Normaly a remap can give you better fuel economy,, depending on your driving style.
Yeah this is true i got mine re-mapped by jabba on friday & when im not putting my toe down i have been getting the same MPG as it when it was standard, if not better!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds good to me!! can you tell me how to contact jabba? i live in hampshire and dont know where they are based? cheers

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks mate! yeah i will do soon as iv saved the cash up! can i ask...what bhp are you getting from yours now as you have the same engine as me and what sort of cost would it be?

·
Registered
881 Posts
We've got the same engine yeah but mine is an AUM which has a slightly bigger turbo (Ko3sport) as its a bit newer & will get better results from just a re-map, where as yours has the Ko3 but your model has bigger ports which is better for bigger tuning in the long run than mine, i am now running 241bhp see my thread i wrote the other day here: http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/707349.aspx

The cost of the custom map was £475, best money i've spent on the car by far!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok thanks alot for your help! im hoping to get mine up to about 240 bhp also so maybe a few other mods needed then

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yeah i think i got lucky with mine to be honest, just managed to land a well looked after car i guess, yeah to get to that figure you will defo have to do other mods, try and keep your eye out for a reconditioned Ko3s turbo rather than buying a brand new one, most of the guys on here say fit it yourself (although i wouldnt have a clue!)

But you can still go ahead and get the re-map done ( I would ) which will still take you upto around 200 bhp for now, untill you get some more cash up for all the other mods

·
Registered
191 Posts
We've got the same engine yeah but mine is an AUM which has a slightly bigger turbo (Ko3sport) as its a bit newer & will get better results from just a re-map, where as yours has the Ko3 but your model has bigger ports which is better for bigger tuning in the long run than mine, i am now running 241bhp see my thread i wrote the other day here: http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/707349.aspx

The cost of the custom map was £475, best money i've spent on the car by far!
Dibs...

Hope you don't mind me asking, but do you know what PSI you're peaking at now you've got 240hp? Do you have a Turbo gauge at all?

·
Registered
553 Posts
ok thanks alot for your help! im hoping to get mine up to about 240 bhp also so maybe a few other mods needed then
Hi mate.

ive got the AGU so from experiance here is a list of the following requirements to hit 240

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi mate.

with the AGU a remap will get you no more then 190bhp. this is because the KO3 is naff.

if you want to see 240 then this is whats needed for the AGU 1.8T

- Full Miltek (or simlar)inc DP, high flow cat and cat back

- panel filter with cold air feed. ( green filters work well with the 1.8t) as its not oiled so it will not screw your maff.

- K03s turbo minimum

- live re-map

you may also consider uprating the intercooler side mount should be fine.

good luck

Rb

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for that info mate! any idea what make of filter? ie: k&n? want to make sure i get the right one,...also is it ok to change the turbo for the K03S before a re-map and is it a straight swop over?

Cheers! T

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi mate

no problem. the make of the filter is 'Green' I think there is one in the for sale section. and like Carl pointed out if

you swap the KO3 for the K03s the you will need the tip as the old one will no longer fit. you will also need to upgrade the diverter valve as the old one will most likely fail.

the turbo is a straight swap but a swine of a job due to its location at the back of the engine

If you plan to re map the get the mods first or you will need to re do it after.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just looked at my vehicle data sheet on my owners book and it says AUM on the ticket!! see pic....this is good news with regards the turbo change right?

Posted Image

·
Registered
881 Posts
Dibs...

Hope you don't mind me asking, but do you know what PSI you're peaking at now you've got 240hp? Do you have a Turbo gauge at all?
I would tell you if i knew buddy but i aint got a clue!

Ive put my dyno results on my just been jabba'd thread, if thats any help to ya!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts