Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right,

Ive just come back from the powder coating place and i have chosen a dark gun metal silver colour, instead of the black, i really hope it will look good!!

for reference guys the place is in birmingham and it only costs ?15 a wheel so ?60 per set for whatever size wheel you have, they chemicly clean it, blast it then powdercoat, i couldnt believe the price....seem some that have been done by them and they look good

the place is called Bournes, its in Bissell Street, Birmingham.

I will show you the wheels when i get them on thursday, then i will get the tyres bak on and stick em on the motor!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its cos its just a little place, they are not just a wheel refurb place they do all kinds of powder caoting for anything.  i saw some other wheels there and they looked good!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Erm...tbh i dont think so no, as i said before they are not actually a wheel refurb place, they are just a powder coaters that does wheels. they will repair minor damage (plus the coating covers minor stuff) But structural damage no mate. but yea a very good price and lots of colours to choose from.

They dont have a website but for any details just ask me....or go on yell.com

And btw mine were not in the best condition, not that bad though just bit of kerbing marks..... and the guy said "oh no they will be fine"

Funny cos the wheels i got of eBay for ?32.50 with 225/45/17 michelin pilots that have bout 4mm of tread left [:D] Bargain [:D]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
OMG that wouold be worth the drive up at that price to have mine sorted

Need to see some quality pics first though

Also post up their address and phone number

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Not far from me either only about 5 miles... hmm was think of getting my RS4's powder coated as it would be something different...

Sat [y]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Sweet Jesus ?15 per rim - place in Liverpool charges ?40 and they don't even powder coat!

Hope the works done to a good quality mind - post pics when they're done so we can scrutanise them [:p]
mark I have found a proper powder coaters .. he only wants 20 quid a
rim... problem is he doesnt have a sand blaster to strip the wheels, so
next I need to find someone who has a sandblaster

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes!!!! i have them back and they are on the car, Im well chuffed, they look really good hidden all of the imperfections in the wheel and i love the colour!!!

Sorry about the images but i couldnt get out the sun very well....will take some more l8a on if i can.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not my cup of tea, personally...but...as long as you are pleased with them, thats all the matters. But still, looks like they did a good job though.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've had a couple of sets of wheels done by them, & I would def. recommend them.

As Sybong says, don't expect miracles, though, as they can't repair missing chunks or anything, but they do come back with a nice coating. If you've only suffered minor scuffs or flaking/pitting, for example, then their deffo worth a try.

?15 a corner or ?20 if they have to remove/fit the tyres themselves, IIRC. (They use a place round the corner, apparently).

1 - 20 of 58 Posts