Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
i would trade it in and buy a bora...

what would you like us to say fella? most will say lower it, put bbs rims on it and follow the rest of the crowd. Lower it and get wheels (to your taste) and mod it how you wish. Its your car mate, do as you wish and enjoy it. Just remember to delaire everything you do to the insurance. Simples.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the bora welcome pal :)

the only reason i asked was im completely useless when it comes to cars, So was just having a lurk see if anyone linked anything that was nice and of my taste, just being lazy i guess :)

Tom x

·
Registered
95 Posts
start with the basics mate, work with what you got make the paint tip top with a lot of products and more elbow grease.

have a browse around the site and you should be brimming with ideas at the end of the day [Y]

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
make it super cleana and tidy, dead straight and fit some nice OEM wheels. other than that very little, i'm not a fan of 3rd party parts normally as they don't normally seem to fit or look as good as OEM parts.

you say its your first car, if thats the case and your young(making assumptions here) then i'd leave it completely standard performance wise as it will cause you issue's in terms of money/insurance/plod, keep it simple and enjoy the freedom of your first car whilst laughing at others chaving up their first cars and making them look terrible and impractible.

hth.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you check out the 'Pic a day for all us pic whores' thread then you'll have so many plans you'll be working an 80 hour week to try and afford them all aha [;)]

For that same reason I've had to limit my views on that thread to once a fortnight aha [:D]

Welcome to the forum mate.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Have a look through people's build threads to gather ideas of modifications you like, then try to combine with some originality and you'll end up with a stunning car. Please don't just limit yourself to the OEM bin like some of the other snobs on here - there's a whole world of other bits for the Mk4 and many are equally good or better. [Y]

Wigster.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers guys, Has anyone got any nice websites for things,

I don't want to say it, but on the cheaper side? due to only working part time, takes ages to save, looking at things for under 100-150 pound?

thx tom x

·
Registered
576 Posts
Look around for second hand parts, you can always pick up bargins and clean them up to a new standard! if not that, ebays a good place to look ive got so much random small stuff of there its unbelievable! or if in doubt, just google something or ask someone who has the thing you want where they got it from! Im like you on a low budget, take your time looking around first to make sure you get the best deal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts