Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above please...

want to make the front of my car a bit meaner, so am looking for a new grille to go with the R32 bumper...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
heres mine

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

loads more pictures on my weblink in my signature

hope this helps a bit, i spent ages deciding which one to go for, i really wanted a 3bar badgeless one, but didnt want the problem of filling th notches and not being able to return to standard

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks..

thats the reason why im undecided about the badgeless grille. cus of the gaps.

and i cant see a link on your sig.?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
yeah sorry, the link is in my profile.

part of the reason i got that grill is ,

1. was a bargain

2. because my kit is non genuine i was worried about the fit of the original grill (incase the dent in the bumper was not quite in the middle for the VW logo. where as this grill removed that problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
?30 from ebay with all the bits to fill the cutouts!

Advice is to try them to check for fit then send em to the bodyshop for spraying (just the grille parts)

I will be getting them filled when i decide which bumper to go for !!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Custom made (and no I'm not going to make another one!!)

Posted Image
Dude! That looks awesome...I personally was going to go for a ABT front grille for mine...but yours looks so much nicer...hmm mite ave to look into making my own custom one :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine is made from lower grill from R32 and an original grill with the slats removed, a lot of filling, sanding, filling, sanding (repeat until gently sobbing in the corner!) blood sweat and tears. Will not be making one again in a hurry. If people need instructions to build their own, I think I have the link to Vortex and the guy that built the first one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts