Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Post Your F1 Testing Shots Here!

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Kev 
#1 ·
Here are a few of mine from Thursday afternoon. Please post some of yours here too!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See less See more
#4 ·
They're great shots mate. These were taken virtually the day I got my camera last summer. (Only just found this thread!!)

[URL=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h232/LaSarthe/F1TestingSept05138.jpg/]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h232/LaSarthe/F1TestingSept05138.jpg/[/URL][img]

Will have to go again to perfect ma skillz!!!

#7 ·
Looks like I need to perfect my photo posting skillz too!! lol

Anybody tell me what I'm doin wrong?
Having looked at the EXIF data (SP, F/8, 1/4000, ISO1600) of your sample picture, I think a much slower shutter speed (<1/500) and lower ISO number (ISO100/200) would serve you better unless 'stopping' the subject was what you wanted to achieve. Mine were mostly taken at around 1/250 and ISO200. Good effort though and keep it up. Anymore pics for us to have a look?

#11 ·
"Thats an awesome shot, what corner was that taken, looks pretty fast.?"

That was taken at Bridge. I was using the equivalent of a 960mm lens, so catching the cars as they appeared from under the bridge then panning them as they were doing about 250km/h was a tad tricky.

By the way, I really must remove the sensor marks from that pic!

Tony

#12 ·
"Thats an awesome shot, what corner was that taken, looks pretty fast.?"

That was taken at Bridge. I was using the equivalent of a 960mm lens, so catching the cars as they appeared from under the bridge then panning them as they were doing about 250km/h was a tad tricky.

By the way, I really must remove the sensor marks from that pic!

Tony
Yes Tony! I've given up taking panning pics at Bridge as it's so damn hard! Clear the dust bunnies on your sensor rather than the pic, hehee! Thanks for your earlier pointer about mine though...[:p]

#14 ·
@Tony,

A bit off topic, but have you ever shot two wheels beside race cars? I heard that the experience can be quite different and equally enjoyable...I must try to go to one of these bike meets sometime this year. Guess Brands would be great for this sort of race...

#15 ·
Not yet. However, a couple of guys at work want me to snap them on their bikes, so that should be pretty good practice. I reckon a slowish corner, panned and a little fill-in flash should be a good starting point. I'll use my 17-85mm IS lens with my 580EX flash. Some of my best rallycar shots were taken with this method back in the mid-80s (!!) and it's good fun messing with the amount of pan/flash. Of course, back then it was a few days after the rally that I'd find out whether anything at all had worked.... not now!

Tony

#17 ·
Looks like I need to perfect my photo posting skillz too!! lol

Anybody tell me what I'm doin wrong?
Having looked at the EXIF data (SP, F/8, 1/4000, ISO1600) of your sample picture, I think a much slower shutter speed (<1/500) and lower ISO number (ISO100/200) would serve you better unless 'stopping' the subject was what you wanted to achieve. Mine were mostly taken at around 1/250 and ISO200. Good effort though and keep it up. Anymore pics for us to have a look?
How can you extract EXIF data from a posted photo? Does it have to be a hosted one (like photobucket)?

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.