Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this thread is my baby so i set the rules [:D]

I think it'd be good for a new user to the site to be able to read a thread and find this information. If you aren't willing to disclose all thats asked don't post. Post everything thats under your bonnet even if you don't think it adds power. When listing power figures please post where they were done and the brand of rollers if known.

Logs of airflow,boost etc are also welcome.

1. AUM 1.8T

2. Turbo back GHL/scorpion exhaust, 3' DP with sports cat, Carbonio, Samco hoses, Bailey DV, Forge SMIC, samco TIP, Jabba chip.

3. 220bhp/220lbsft (dastek RR/ wallace performance Aberdeen) 235bhp (dynorace RR, Jabbasport)

4. Drives very smoothly, plenty of power.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
1. ARX (4WD version of AUM) 1.8T.

2. Custom-Code Phase 2 remap, Custom Blueflame turbo back exhaust and 100 cell cat, Forge FMIC, 4bar FPR, Forge DV 007P, Green 80mm air intake duct, Green Cotton panel filter, smoothed OEM airbox, de-screened MAF, Samco TIP, Newsouth Performance Powergasket, Sachs G60 Flywheel, Helix G60 Clutch, GaryM Grounding Kit.

3. 239bhp/276ftlb (JBS/Piper CD2000 LOAD based Dyno - Important given that the 1.8T ECU is load based!)

4. Puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
1. AGU 1.8T

2.Turbo back milltek 2.5" with 100 cell racing cat, Dynatwist CAI, Custom built and fitted FMIC with GRS core and alu piping/Samco bends, Hyperboost Recirc DV, Revo code, Boostvalve MBC, upgraded to KO3S, Forge/Samco TIP, (polished inlet manifold :eek:P). <<<< added 30 bhp

3.202bhp and 236 lb/ft at stealth racing whilst on stock KO3..... 226bhp(231bhp) and 241lb/ft (256lb/ft) with MBC and ko3S at Teesside motor factors

4.Drives smoothly with MBC turned down to 1.1 bar spike and holds 0.9 to 6200rpms, (231bhp,256lb/ft) was on 1.3 bar setting and car was jerky and on/off throttle response so never really used on the road. Pulled like a teenage boys in the underwear section of anne summers!!! Upset a lot of people in BMW's

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is there anything I can do to reduce the power output of my 2.0?  Can it be chipped down?  I'm finding it a real handful - I'm frequently overtaking cyclists and even mopeds given enough notice.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well it didnt say anythingabout 1.8t only so...

1. ABV 2.9 VR6 syncro

2. ZR2 supercharger, 248? cams, bosch green injectors, mocal oil cooler, Dastek unichip, Hayward & Scott custom downpipe back exhaust

3. 265bhp / 252lb/ft

4. Goes ok and sounds like a plane taking off

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Is there anything I can do to reduce the power output of my 2.0? Can it be chipped down? I'm finding it a real handful - I'm frequently overtaking cyclists and even mopeds given enough notice.
you could try putting a couple of bags of sand in the boot[:D]

·
Registered
571 Posts
AUM 1.8t

Revo Stage2
Forge FMIC
Forge 007 DV
Carbonio CAI
Milltek Turbo back with 3" high flow CAT

Hasn't been RRed in this spec, but made 220bhp and upwards of 250lbft of torque. Always had really high torque readings for some reason.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
AUM 18T

Full Miltek turbo back system and 100 cel racing cat

Green filter with 80mm cold air feed

Hyperboost DV

N75J Valve

Varible boost controler

Ducted wheel arch liner and IC water mister

Jabbasport ECU mapping @ 233bhp

Also has Koni/H&R suspension, S3 braces, AmD Porsche 996 brake conversion and Black wheels! oh and ali dash trim worth another 40hp!

·
Registered
200 Posts
1. ARL 1.9 TDI 8V - 150bhp

2. Rapid digital tuningbox + Supersprint downpipe + 80mm cold air feed pipe

3. 188bhp/418Nm

4. Great torque, decent power and outstanding milleage. [:D]

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is there anything I can do to reduce the power output of my 2.0? Can it be chipped down? I'm finding it a real handful - I'm frequently overtaking cyclists and even mopeds given enough notice.
you could try putting a couple of bags of sand in the boot[:D]
Yeah tried that - keeps the back end down but ruins the mpg
Stick out tongue [:P]

·
Registered
280 Posts
AGU 1.8T

Revo

Forge 007 DV with slightly larger bore rubber hosing

Pipercross foam filter

Custom 80mm air feed

Megan Racing 2.5" downpipe

Milltek adaptor and VW exhaust system

Car hasn't been on the rollers yet and with the latest software revision Revo claim 195bhp and 225 lbs of torque.

It has much more punch since installing the downpipe and opening up the air intake.

As a comparison the Golf has been level pegged with a BMW 330Ci below the ton.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
1. 2000 1.8T ARZ

2. Oettinger 235bhp upgrade with uprated Oettinger turbo and Oettinger remap, Full Oettinger stainless exhaust (now with a crack by the back box, grrr!), modified airtract, Forge DV.

3. 235bhp at Oettinger in Germany although never had it dynoed myself

4. Drives great although been experiencing some unknown power loss recently

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
1. 2000 1.8T AGU

2. Mongoose cat back exhaust, Collins remap, green cotton panel filter, smoothed airbox and intake pipe

3. no idea around 180 possibly 190 going to get it rolling roaded soon.

4. drives so much better after the remap makes it a true Gti i reckon. Even better once i realised the DV vacuum pipe was off!

·
Registered
76 Posts
1. 2001 1.8T AUM

2. No modifications - I lied - a jubilee clip on the intake hose!

3. 218bhp 256 ft-lb on Maha RR at Star Performance using Optimax. 227bhp 269 ft-lb on Hoffman RR at Engine Advantages (tweaked timing with vag-com, since Star run, due to using tesco 99 fuel)

4. It is torquey low down, and still spulls hard at the top. It can only be improved with better breathing.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
1. 2003 AUQ 1.8T

2. Custom Code Phase 2 'Custom' remap, 4bar FPR, Turboback Milltek exhaust
with high flow Ultra cat, Forge FMIC, Forge FMCL007PA Diverter Valve,
Smoothed Airbox complete with Green 80mm Intake Ducting and Cotton
Green Panel Filter, Samco TIP, Samco Boost Hoses, EVO Heatshield Intake
Gasket, Grounding Kit.

3. 239.2bhp / 279lbs Torque at JBS Autodesigns (Piper CD2000 LOAD based Dyno) running my usual blend of
either Optimax or BP Ultimate with a bottle of Millers+ Octane Booster.

4. Upsets many other cars who seem to think they have a devine right to go faster!!

Extremelly smooth with an OEM feel and very linear power.

Peak MAF around 185-190g/s and peak boost is 1.35bar (19.6psi), holds
18/17psi, still has around 16psi at 5K, 13psi at 6K and 12psi at 6.5K.

Boost readings are not taken with a 'pie in the sky' boost gauge but are direct readings from the ECU via vagcom.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Mods, perhaps make this a sticky..... or have a section dedicated to figures and specs together with one photo ...works well for a few sites from over the pond and it is a useful resource for new comers and oldies alike
????

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Right lets see

1. AUM 1.8T

2. Revo 4bar remap, Corbonia CAI with large green cotton filter, Samco hoses, Forge 007 D/V,

3. Running 215bhp/239.5lb on JBS rolling Rd

4. Just keep going & going & going. Till i run out of road [:mad:]

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
1. AQN 2.3 V5 20V

2. AmD Stage 2 - remap and Miltek CAT back, Cold Air Feed into standard airbox

bhp
@ 6333 -
@ 3339 lb/ft

4. I just love the sound the V5 and Miltek make together.

·
Registered
34 Posts
2003 Gti 1.8t AWP

gt28rs

Revo big turbo file

440 green tops

GHL turbo back exhaust

ECS pullies

CAI intake

Light weight flywheel and clutch

Eurojet FMIC

I am sure I missed a bunch of stuff, but this gives you a good idea of what I have done. I havent dyno'd yet but I am looking to be pushing 300whp.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts