Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'd love to put vids up of mine but they're on my web site with a rude name so I can't post them up.

So go to www.cruisew*nk .com and have a look.

(* = a)

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's another vid, damn that wind noise really need to sort it out next time.

This one's watching the world go sideways in SW19.

It only looks fast because I'm going downhill! [:p]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Turn the sound up!

This one was coming back from curry in Southall last night [:p]

Was a bit of an impulse thing - roads were clear, CD in the stereo... Cheers to my mate Matt for the camera work [Y]

Yeah I know my windscreen is shockingly smeary [:$]

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
haha good vids there!!! i made a few recently but i dunno how to get them from my phone to here!

i been thru new malden a few times! i park there when i visit london! my golf hasnt been there yet thou!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Night videos are really hard to shoot, it looks much darker than it was so you can't really see much [:(]

I could try shooting a little earlier next time but then the roads won't as clear.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK my mate Matt who did the camera work for the Richmond video above had a go himself, here it is

[:D][Y]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Don't try this at home unless you want that gearbox to break!

Grr, what has Google done to my video resolution it's pants [:mad:]

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
i make that 10.5 seconds!

good vid, how did you strap the camera to the wheel?

btw you might wanna do another one with less petrol in the tank

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Parcel tape! It was a rolling start anyway, not really a proper 0-60, didn't want to keep dumping the clutch. I did 8 runs and could smell burning when I parked up. Will post one of the longer vids later.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
yeah keep the vid coming shiu, burning? hmm that can't be good

your engine will be dead when you come to sell the car

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't drive like that all the time. The smell is normal, it's not a bad kind of burning smell, more like brake pads or summat.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Shiuming, I live fairly near Effingham (Esher), but there is a much nicer road than that one nearby. If you carry on down the a3 and turn off the next junction, then in the middle of Ripley there is a road going back towards effingham on the left, try driving down there when its empty/ at night, its sooooo much fun!!! [:D]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can't hear it that well in the video but at 5K it's already sounding vaguely M3-like (just not accelerating M3-like...), and it's running out of pull. 5.5K is the highest I've evered dared take it, for fear of becoming part of the scenery.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts

Turn the sound up!

This one was coming back from curry in Southall last night [:p]
LMAO, I spend half my week in Richmond ...you stopped filming about 80 feet from my place in Petersham! I drive that exact route at least 3 times a week [:)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts