Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sitting here at work bored silly and thought there must be a huge difference in 0-60 times for members on here, from the 1.6 golfs to the 400+bhp 1.8ts etc!

So post you times and what golf you have also including modifcations and road conditions. [:)]

·
Registered
99 Posts
mine still only does 10secs flat with a cat back exhaust - altho it hasnt been professionally timed. its getting upsoluted in a couple of weeks so hopefully this will shave a few 10ths off.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine still only does 10secs flat with a cat back exhaust - altho it hasnt been professionally timed. its getting upsoluted in a couple of weeks so hopefully this will shave a few 10ths off.
What kind of BHP would that bring it up to mate?

·
Registered
99 Posts
the best i can hope for is about 140 hp and 150 torque - but it may be slightly less depending on how much the car is pushing as standard.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have never times myself.........maybe should have done this mornig because the Passat seemed quicker the usual, must have been all that cold air -1'C[:D]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
most cars, especially turbos will benefit from this freezing cold wether we are having at the moment.
Yeah my car has been flying recently, then i got it revo'd now it realllt flies !!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Just sitting here at work bored silly and thought there must be a huge difference in 0-60 times for members on here, from the 1.6 golfs to the 400+bhp 1.8ts etc!

So post you times and what golf you have also including modifcations and road conditions. [:)]
Great post....

I have only done one and that was at Trax 2003 (Silverstone)

The car was running 227 bhp at that time on 18" ACE 132 alloys with Pirelli P7000 tyres (225/40R18)

Engine Mods:

Jabba Remap

Jabba Air Filter

Uprated Side Intercooler

Hybrid Dump Valve

ABD turbo intake pipe

ABD larger bore intercooler pipe

Outside temp about 20 c with a slight sideward wind.

0-60 time of 6.6 seconds (not bad for my only and first ever 0-60 sprint)

Cheers Kev...

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Blimey Kev thats rapid , but then i does chuck ya back in the seat dont it lol

with regards to mine i did it at santa pod this year and managed a 7.8 0 to 60 and 15.98 for the quarter mile but that was standard

i now have a carbonio , milltek cat back , and getting revo in just over a week [:D]

so i cant wait to see what it will do , there's a nice private ish road near me where i live i may have to time it lol [;)]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

0-60 time of 6.6 seconds (not bad for my only and first ever 0-60 sprint)
[:O] Jealous ! lol

Im going to do a run tonight, i have a 1.8T (AUM) revo'd and with a carbonio CAI sitting on 18's

I hope for a time in the high 6's

Kind of being optimistic i know, especially the road conditons. Just hope the Shell optimax and the cold cold air we currently have will help . [:D]

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
hi

i did a test the other day with the GTech Pro with my R32

Milltek Cat/CatBack, Carbonio, AMD Remap, No Stereo/Changer, Wheel Changer bit not there, Back Board not there, and absolutely nothing else in the car but my self. different battery weights about (20 pounds less), nearly thought of taking back seat out as well. ESP off, A/C Off, and about 1 gallon of petrol, also Wynns Octane booster with Shell Optimax.the temperature outside was 1 degrees

0-60 - 5.0s

Friends R32 with Carbonio and Flapper Mod

0-60 - 5.4s

And that was after a lot of effort to get the right start

Hafizur

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
My quickest 0-60 was 6.98 secs at GTI International 2005. Here's my quarter mile times from Santa Pod in July:

R/T: 0.085
60 Foot: 2.053
330 Foot: 6.008
1/8 Mile: 9.309
1/8 MPH: 71.75
1000 FT: 12.099
1/4 Mile: 14.57
1/4 MPH: 94.7mph

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
My quickest 0-60 was 14.844 secs at GTI International 2005. Here's my quarter mile times from Santa Pod in July:

R/T: 0.085
60 Foot: 2.053
330 Foot: 6.008
1/8 Mile: 9.309
1/8 MPH: 71.75
1000 FT: 12.099
1/4 Mile: 14.57
1/4 MPH: 94.7mph
Claire that can't be right for ya 0 - 60 14.84 secs as you did the quarter of a mile in 0.27 sec faster [:^)]

·
Registered
476 Posts
my standard 2.0 GTi does 0-60 well a estimate is 14secs or maybe never lol, [:'(]
Sugar, it might not be the fastest Golf, but it will do it quicker than that, almost 5 seconds quicker, unless you have a problem maybe?.......

How are you lot timing your 0-60's anyway (assume some have it linked up to VAGCom for non strip runs?)

Never seen the point of 0-60's, more should be made of 30-70's or the likes imo. How many times are you on a motorway when your 0-60 counts?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Never seen the point of 0-60's, more should be made of 30-70's or the likes imo. How many times are you on a motorway when your 0-60 counts?
Its all about when your sitting at the lights and a clapped out Nova full of spotty chavs pulls up next to you fully under the impression he will actually win.....

How i love having a car that does 0-60 10 seconds faster than them hehe !!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nearly thought of taking back seat out as well.
Get those back seats out ! See if you can break the sub 5 seconds !

Well done on your time BTW ! [:)]

Whats a flapper though ? Because im thinking of something else, well the plural of it anyway, and im sur eit aint one of those ! [A]

1 - 20 of 58 Posts