Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Post Your 18" Alloys!

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  deanopaul 
#1 ·
Pretty much as the title suggests, I am going to purchase a new set of 18" alloys, and I am looking for inspiration, please post any pictures you have.

Thanks

#5 ·
hey mark thays actually the first time i have seen a full picture of your car, i have only ever seen pictures of the wheels, admittedly i did see you in the flesh but thats was very quick and didnt know it was you!

anyway.....heres mine Audi RS007 MTM Bimoto's....but i want to change them, i am bored of them!

Posted Image

#9 ·
hey mark thays actually the first time i have seen a full picture of your car, i have only ever seen pictures of the wheels, admittedly i did see you in the flesh but thats was very quick and didnt know it was you!

anyway.....heres mine Audi RS007 MTM Bimoto's....but i want to change them, i am bored of them!

Posted Image
hehe looks better when clean, and will look better still when I get my bloody coded valances back!!!

Love the MTM's bud, wouldnt change them, but WOULD reccomend changing all your rubber to 225/35/18, and slamming even further!!! [:p][:$][:D] IMO your cars looking nice fella.

Arthur daley indeed!!![:mad:][:p][:D]

Oh and I have finally put the numberplate back now.... and I hate it. gonna get me a US rubbing strip, get the sidelight holes plastic welded, then get a plate made that fits just below it.[:D]

#11 ·
Love the MTM's bud, wouldnt change them, but WOULD reccomend changing all your rubber to 225/35/18, and slamming even further!!!
Stick out tongue [:P]
Embarrassed [:$]
Big Smile [:D]
IMO your cars looking nice fella.
Cheers Mark, yeh i would like to get it down really low, but to be honest they KW's are on about their lowest setting now at the front!

I do like the wheels, but would like some dished ones, for the more euro look!

#13 ·
Love the MTM's bud, wouldnt change them, but WOULD reccomend changing all your rubber to 225/35/18, and slamming even further!!!
Stick out tongue [:P]
Embarrassed [:$]
IMO your cars looking nice fella.
Cheers Mark, yeh i would like to get it down really low, but to be honest they KW's are on about their lowest setting now at the front!

I do like the wheels, but would like some dished ones, for the more euro look!
Lowest setting at the front... WOW!!! Ive still got half the strut on my koni's... its the back that I have no play left in. Euro is good, make sure theyre wide then, with real stretched rubber!!!

Mate has put a yanky strip on the bora no probs at all, just had the sidelights plastic welded out.... like you say, i'll look into it.[:D]

#14 ·
Lowest setting at the front... WOW!!! Ive still got have the strut on my koni's... its the back that I have no play left in. Euro is good, make sure theyre wide then, with real stretched rubber!!!

Mate has put a yanky strip on the bora no probs at all, just had the sidelights plastic welded out.... like you say, i'll look into it.
yeah its a bit *** as i thought kw's were meant to go super low! i have some play on the rear but the left side of the car at the front only has like 2 turns left and thats it! Mind you i cant go much lower as it scrapes now and again at the front anyway!

the wheels i am looking at would be 9x18 and i would use the tyres i have now 225/40, prob is they dont do 8.5 in the wheel so i would probly have to go 8x18 at the front as i am not sure if 9's would go on the front?

if you get a price on the yankee rub strip let me know as i might be interested!

#15 ·
Lowest setting at the front... WOW!!! Ive still got have the strut on my koni's... its the back that I have no play left in. Euro is good, make sure theyre wide then, with real stretched rubber!!!

Mate has put a yanky strip on the bora no probs at all, just had the sidelights plastic welded out.... like you say, i'll look into it.
yeah its a bit *** as i thought kw's were meant to go super low! i have some play on the rear but the left side of the car at the front only has like 2 turns left and thats it! Mind you i cant go much lower as it scrapes now and again at the front anyway!

the wheels i am looking at would be 9x18 and i would use the tyres i have now 225/40, prob is they dont do 8.5 in the wheel so i would probly have to go 8x18 at the front as i am not sure if 9's would go on the front?

if you get a price on the yankee rub strip let me know as i might be interested!
Cant believe you get rubbing, but then I suppose that's the difference the 225/35's make, I get absolutely no rubbing at all.

9x18's will be fine at the rear, but with the 8's at he front, I reckon your gonna have to space them and go for a narrower tyre than that you already have to get the right effect.

Will keep you posted on the strip.[:D]

#16 ·
Cant believe you get rubbing, but then I suppose that's the difference the 225/35's make, I get absolutely no rubbing at all.

9x18's will be fine at the rear, but with the 8's at he front, I reckon your gonna have to space them and go for a narrower tyre than that you already have to get the right effect.

Will keep you posted on the strip
Well it could be the front lip catching the floor now and again, i am not sure to be honest!

I wander if i could squeeze 9's on the front with a 225 rubber as it will be quite stretched!

#17 ·

Will keep you posted on the strip
Well it could be the front lip catching the floor now and again, i am not sure to be honest!

I wander if i could squeeze 9's on the front with a 225 rubber as it will be quite stretched!
deffo cant get 9's on the front bud unless you want to lose full lock. ~You might well get fouling on strut aswell as inner arch liners. Quite possibly your thebottom front edge of your arch liner that is catching, its one of the lowest points on the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.