Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you all post pics of your cars with lowereing springs please, no coilovers !

State drop and make please.

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i cant get softer rear springs then i may have to go with this idea.

Eibach and H&R look to be the best.

·
Registered
45 Posts
only to day have i fitted my highsports and i am more than happy ride is no more harsh than the wifes fiesta zetec [:D]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Quote: posted by Mart4875 on 01/01/2005 19:16:27

Gerard. That's looking fine. What's that splitter off of??

Looks like a colour coded V6 4motion front valance.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Gerard you car is an inspiration mate, but are the -50mm Eibach springs the Sport Line kit, I thought the Pro -Kit only dropped about 30mm. Sorry to be picky but I was going to change my springs to the Sportline jobbies. On the same subject what do you reckon to the ride quality on the -50mm springs. Cheers fella.

·
Registered
766 Posts
thanks for the kind comment Cluke[8D], always nice to hear.

mine is the pro-kit 99% sure, i'ii check the box when i'm back at work on wednesday.

i changed the springs and shocks on mine.

50mm?? i love the look of the drop, handles fantastic on twisty roads,

the ride is still comfy, i've gave some poeple a drive in mine, and also passengers seem impresed how comfy it is for the big drop. but the roads up here an not the best.

i origionally wanted 30mm but was told 50 and so glad i did, one thing i don't like about the 30mm drop is they always seem to sit higher at the back end (no offence ot anybody with 30mm drop[:eek:)]) just my view.

slam it mate, u know u want to[:D][:D]

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Cat1.4 any more pics please? The drop on those Konis looks very even. What puts me off the Eibach ones is that the front appears to drop more than the back, or have I got that one wrong?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Oxford - back looks a little high in that pic, but lowered 16's look pretty decent to me. Considering that myself.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean.

That pic was taken about 5 days after having it done, however it has dropped a bit more now on the back and is pretty level.

I do recommend them 100%. Little bouncey at high speed, however is an improvement against my original ones.

Gla dyou like tho [:)]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts