Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone that made it today - it was a good one, if a wee bit cold! Still thawing out now sniffle sniffle lol anyway BIG THANKS to Curley for letting me loose in his mkV GTi - what a car! I wish I'd not driven it now though cos I want one!!!!! If anyone's got pics / thoughts please post them here :eek:D ps, I hope we can do another one up this way when the weather gets a bit better - it'd be good for some photoshoots for definite! cheers, Pat

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Yeah, gotta say I enjoyed today! Curleys Mk5 GTi is a fine car, looks great, sounds awesome and the DSG 'box really gets the best out of the engine. It doesn't feel turbocharged, because the power is instant and throughout. No turbo lag with that!

Some good roads too, would be better when the mk2 is on top form, as its pinking at the mo and needs a couple of jobs doing yet.

Forgot my camera so post em up so I can save them!!!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
BIG THANKS to Curley for letting me loose in his mkV GTi - what a car! I wish I'd not driven it now though cos I want one!!!!!
Ditto that, you are indeed a gentleman sir! Fantastic car you've got there, and didn't think i'd have been as impressed as i was..

It handles, accelerates, STOPS! and those seats. I love the way they hug, even more than my Recaro's do! [:O]

Now i know what my next car will be!! [;)]

But as for the meet, as always, it was good to see you all, and sorry if i was a tad crude at the dinner table folks!!

Paul and Gary know what i mean [;)] lol..

It could have done with being a tad warmer, it must have been on a par with Russia today! But somewhere between apple grannies and extremely rare sent back burgers, it was a good 'un! [Y]

See you all at the next one!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
BIG THANKS to Curley for letting me loose in his mkV GTi - what a car! I wish I'd not driven it now though cos I want one!!!!!
My thoughts exactly, a HUUUGE thanks has to go out to John for letting myself and all the NW posse loose in his 1 day old MKV GTI, very very generous that was fella! [Y]

It is a truly awesome car imo and i'm now 100% set that a MKV GTI has to be my next car, the only thing i could find wrong with it was that it's not mine lol!! [:p]

Another great day out with great company and despite it being positively baltic up there myself and Em had a top day!

Always nice to catch up with everyone and enjoy some good banter around the dinner table, especially the granny crumble jokes lol!!, glad to find out it was actually a desert rather than some strange local custom that Pat and Ryan partake in on the weekend.... [:p]

Looking forward to the next one already, and here's another [Y] for John and the test drive of my life.......

·
Registered
742 Posts
belive it or not me and my mate were there but got lost and by time we got there everyone had gone! about 3:15pm after the local petrol station directed me the wrong way! pics of me and my mates mini meet will be up shame i missed everybody pub was nice and the views outside were nice would be good in summer oh and my girlfriend enjoyed some granny crumble too!! and a decent road leading to the pub but now i know how to get there dead easy now!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Great day out guys and gals, bit on the cold side for me but then again it is winter.

Would be really good to get back there in the summer, great for the pics.

Glad you all liked the car and thanks for leaving some fuel for me to get home lol.

Gary, great car mate, cant wait to see it in a few months time.

Got a phone call on the way back with some really sad news. (Not what your thinking Steve)

Good friend of mine has past away. Very sad end to a really great day.

Going out to get "VERY DRUNK"

See you all at the next meet.

·
Registered
742 Posts
my late arrival pics! next time i'll get there earlier!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

these are off a camera phone my mate got some on his camera will try to post them up!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Strange thing was, when i drove past again later, i actually saw the R in the car park, but just thought it was someone random out for lunch, i didn't realise it was one of our lot turned up late!

You probably hadn't missed us by that much either, we'll have been on the photo shoots when you turned up!

Still, see you at the next one! [;)]

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well,there we go,another good meet with the NW crew. Good to see everybody again today,except those that missed us(hopefully be ok next time,now you know how to get there). Curley...what an awesome car mate! Many thanks for letting me (and everyone else,for that matter!) take it for a spin! Well impressed,ive been toying with the idea of an auto,but the DSG is just something else..fantastic. Surprised there was any petrol left in it after today,but that may explain the rather sedate drive home? Had to show that guy in the Mini Cooper who was boss on the way home,when we were at the roundabout at Wigan M58. Think he fancied his chances,but i dont think he'll try it on with another Golf anytime soon! Lol's. Anyway,thats why i didnt say goodbye! Overall though,i was very impressed with the venue,and the food,despite Ryans rather crude table banter(you rude boy! Lol's). Deffo up for another visit,as it would be a cracking day out,with some good weather. Paul.[Y]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Sorry for the late reply!

Good venue, always good to get out somewhere new. My stomach hasn't decided to empty itself yet so that half cooked burger musn't have been that bad! Some good photo locations up in the hills anyway, cheers to Pat and Ryan for gettin the convoy together [Y]

Cheers to John for a drive in the GTI. Cracking car, especially with the DSG [:D] Also cheers to Gary for a spin in the MK2 - Go Kart!

lol apols for the slow driving on the way back, fuel needle was hitting red, so I had to keep the right foot from going down too far - saw Paul and John zip off when we hit the M58 and wanted to chase [:(]

Got some photo's to post up, just need to sort them out later today.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Right guys,
Just an update on the black mark on the bonnet.
After cleaning the car ive just been to see the guy in Corkils and Mr. Tabs was right, Paint is very thin on the monitor[:O] all over the car the paint is 35, as you get to the mark it goes down to 22 front and 22 back, when you put it right on the mark it goes to 17.[:O]
It's getting a full bonnet respray done under warranty and as i was there i had a good look at the white GTi they have for sale and all i can say is i'm very happy with mine.[:D][Y]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Will someone post some pics up???

I can only post this one as i cant find the edit software on this computer to blank the number plates out[8o|]

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quality pictures! My car should be a whole lot lower by the next meet aye aye :eek:P

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Took loads of pictures but due to dirt on my lense, some didn't turn out too well.
Never mind fella, get 'em up!

P.S. Glad to hear the burger stayed down, 'cos when you took the MK5 for a spin, you were gone that long both me and Pat thought you might be spewing up at the side of the road!! lol.. [:p]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great meet, awesome piccys, Nice day- if a little on the cool side, I can only speak for my food and that was great, so good they wanted it back!!!!.[:cool:]

Nice to meet up with you guys again, a looking forward to the next.

Great car Curley, but I still prefer tractor technology[:p], maybe they do a 3.0 V6 tractor [:D]

·
Registered
232 Posts
i totally forgot about this one i have a memory like a goldfish lol, looks like i missed a good day out, i really should keep a better track of the meet forum maybe a PM from someone to let me know a date and time of the next one [;)]

Antony

1 - 20 of 20 Posts