·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to see everyone again today, little on the cold side but the warm
welcome everyone got more than made up for it! Big thanks to Tony Danza
for sorting out the location and booking, food was great and would
certainly go there again [Y]

Thanks to Steve for the spin in his MKV GTI, rapid car mate. Great handling as well.

Hope to see you all at the next one - someone suggested another meet in Merseyside so maybe we could look at there next.

Didn't get many pics I'm afraid, so if you have any post them up!

·
Registered
553 Posts
First time meeting everyone, Nice crowd and very freindly,

cookiemonster and I have just got back, sorry we cound not stay for the meal

but the Mrs had other plans,

Loved the balck and silver anni's. BTW.

Rb

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well just got back....

Another great meet guys and gals..[Y]

Nice to see some new faces (Cookie an Gti) shame ya couldnt stay longer,same for mart an lisa.

Food was OKish could of done with more of a s election..but hey it was a sunday dinner..lol

Rye when i get the clutch done ill see if i can get it over 120 next time[:D]

Tabs...sorry tried google but no pics of "monkey finger" ya just have to reminisce

Stu

Ps ive put an orange for sale in "items for sale" one owner from new [;)]

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nice shot mate.

Its a bit out of order that cookiemonster refused to move out

of the shot though, considering its the first time he's met you all

·
Registered
682 Posts
Lol's,i dont think many meets will be remembered for oranges and monkey fingers,but hey,there's always a first time! Nice to see a few more new faces again,we seem to be gathering new regulars at a steady pace these days,which can only be a good thing. Curley...thanks for arranging the demo of the GT TDI DSG,i think  i may have found my next car! Awesome car,so responsive but really smooth at the same time. Gonna keep the V6 for another year,but deffo fancy one of these when the time comes. Decent venue,nice food,slightly dodgy table conversation-what more could we ask for? Lol's. Here's to the next meet,see you all soon! Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
No problem Paul. I hope you give the thing a good thrashing lol The car doesnt get out much thats why it's such a good ride. Brian forgot you where in it lol he's that used to being in mine.

It was a good meet, nice to see some new members and all the old faces again. Weather was a bit[:(] cant wait for the summer lol Some really nice cars there today, like Beddies but then i would lol The 2 Anni's looked really good so did the Bora's, the black one[Y] lots of money spent on that me thinks. Had a chance to look at Rye's car, very nice mate.

Cant wait for the next meet.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Curley....do you think Brian might forget about his car altogether next time,so i can keep it and not have to pay for it? Just a thought,lol's! Deffo think DSG is the future,after driving your GTi and Brians TDi. Yeah i cant wait for the summer either,i have to work outside all year,so im getting pretty bored with cold wet weather now! Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
[:D][:D][:D] Dont think so matey if he looks at this thread he wont bring the thing again lol

Edit... Did anyone take any pictures of the cars

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Great meet guys! Nice to see you all. Thanks for the ride in your car Beddie... Love the new GTi. Chees for the ride waggzy, could definitely feel your clutch slipping, but even with the clutch slip, felt fast as you know what.. lol

Ok I hope at least one meet I can arrive on time, totally stress free with a perfectly clean car! Ok here's the rant. I'm cleaning my car on Sat, there is a brief shower.. The rain water dries off quickly because the sun is out... I don't know whether to re-wash my car before polishing. So I don't bother, then I find the rain water seems to have sandy stuff dried in.. Then it rains again half way through. In the end managed to polish it but dunno if I have added to swirls etc [:S] Then comes the other problem... We were running late anyway because my girlfriend set her alarm wrong [:p]... Everything is going fine with the journey until we get to this direction:

Quote from rac.co.uk

Leave the M56 at junction M56 J10 and straight ahead into A49 (Tarporley Road) direction WARRINGTON, [A49] NORTHWICH.

Notice how it says, direction WARRINGTON... LOL... I think I spent about an hour looking around Warrington [:(]. Then Tab's said it was on the left before a white bridge... To confuse things there was a white bridge in Warrington! Cheers for helping me find it btw Tabs, wouldn't have got there without your help.

I think I will be using theaa.co.uk in future... Notice the same direction on theaa.co.uk

At roundabout take the 4th exit onto Tarporley Road - A49 (signposted Whitchurch)

Oh well!

See you at the next one

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Hi,

Glad you all had a nice time, certainly was one of the more surreal meets!! I should have realised something was a little out of the ordinary when I picked up this flyer on the way out....

Posted Image

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LMFAO! Classic, absoloutely classic!

By the way the little mokey I was on about is called an Aye Aye - The aye-aye (Daubentonia madagascariensis) is a
primate native to Madagascar that combines rodent-like teeth with a long, thin
middle finger to fill the ecological niche of a woodpecker. It taps on trees to
find grubs, then gnaws holes in the wood and inserts its finger to pull the
grubs out.

Now imagine bumping into that little fella on a dark night..... The finger.... The finger...

Here's some pictures:

Posted Image

And my personal favourite:

Posted Image

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yaeh was nice to put names to faces on sunday, had to keep the GF happy as not into cars much (even I can't remember the last time she washed it) thats why nipped off when you all ate. The pub we went to was in Davenham and was really top nosh, had a good sized carpark too(maybe poss meet sometime???)

GTIgreen - lol

Great to see you all, forgot camera so no pics, sorry, shame as the 2 annis looked great

Carl

·
Registered
742 Posts
hi guys good meet shame about the weather good turn out especially with the ants making up the numbers!!

shame i had to go early and the weather so my car looked like a right mess!

cheers v6dko for helping me with my refueling problem!

so whens the next meet and where???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts