Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks to all that turned up to JBS today for the Rolling Road day, also thanks to James and Lee for your efforts and not forgetting Josh for his "Mr Joshua Catering Company!"

Figures seemed pretty much spot on today with the first car a 130PD actually putting out a very realistic 130bhp.

Im sure pictures and other results will be posted shortly but my figures for the day were:

Run 1 - Revo High Boost 6, Timing 9 - 235.5bhp, 244.4lbs (flywheel), 221bhp, 228lbs (wheels)

Run 2 - Revo High Boost 9, Timing 9 - 245.3bhp, 232.4lbs (flywheel), 224bhp, 214lbs (wheels)

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Aye a top day out indeed. Thanks for organising this Gary. Good to see some impressive runs and stock cars showing stock figures. As for me well I'm fairly damn impressed with my 358lb/ft - oh yes!!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Great day, thanks to Gary for organising it and Josh for the food poisoning ( joke )[:p]

I was pleased with my results - 188bhp and 235lbs tourque

Pics coming very shortly

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Well I was more than happy with my 331, 304. Good to see everyone again. Didn't get too much grief when I was 3 hours late getting home.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Good to see everyone today.

Thanksto Nik for the ride in a fast car even WITHOUT the NOS!!!

And Gary!!! What can I say!!

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
Top, Top Day!

James had had enough at around 20:15, so we called it a night lmao!

We didn't go through the graphs tonight, so I don't have them yet... Hopefully I'll be able to get them tomorrow evening, so I hope to have them online tomorrow night!

Cheers to everyone that came, I hope you all enjoyed your Tasty MrJoshua Burgers? ?

·
Registered
961 Posts
thanks for a good day guys. the car is running so much quicker on revo now. when i get on the rr at jbs again i will post the graphs for comparison. eg stock , old amd and new revo.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Nice to see you all guys, good to meet some new faces!

Josh: My Italian is coming along nicly! Check this out! "non ci ? rullo della toletta"

·
Registered
571 Posts
Great day for a first timer. I had a blast. [:D]

Stock car with standard figures (150bhp and 181 lbs), so was happy. Got it Revo'ed, but no after run. James had had enough for one day (can't say I blame him, it was about 8pm when he finished up).

Nice to meet all you guys n gals. Very friendly bunch

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Great day!

I got 216bhp and 252ftlb running Timing 6 High Boost 3, James recommended lowering the timing and upping the boost as timing was being retarded by the ECU. I did this but unfortunately didn't get time for another run.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote: posted by EddyH on 27/09/2004 10:03:30

Great day!

I got 216bhp and 252ftlb running Timing 6 High Boost 3, James recommended lowering the timing and upping the boost as timing was being retarded by the ECU. I did this but unfortunately didn't get time for another run.

What do you think you were pushing out after the changes?

Nice fast skoda[:p]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by bjs144 on 27/09/2004 10:08:09

Quote: posted by EddyH on 27/09/2004 10:03:30

Great day!

What do you think you were pushing out after the changes?

Nice fast skoda[:p]

TBH it didn't feel much different however there was a torque spike on the initial settings which would be perceived by the driver (me) as the car feeling faster. I need to get it on the RR again to see. As the diesel boys like to tell us though sometimes torque is better than bhp, especially for perceived speed.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
168BHP and 308LBFT for me, not too bad the figures BUT its losing all the power and dropping right off sharp from 3500RPM. MAF is ok, did a vag com run testing that out. hmmmm?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How did you manage so much torque Eddy? I wonder if its because you only ran HB3?

Im assuming by raising the boost you will increase your bhp but lower the torque (a bit of a tradeoff?) as thats what happened with mine on the second run, I gained 10bhp but lost 10lbs

The two graphs looked very similar but with the power just further up the rev range [email protected] comapred to [email protected]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 27/09/2004 10:46:49

How did you manage so much torque Eddy? I wonder if its because you only ran HB3?

Im assuming by raising the boost you will increase your bhp but lower the torque (a bit of a tradeoff?) as thats what happened with mine on the second run, I gained 10bhp but lost 10lbs

The two graphs looked very similar but with the power just further up the rev range [email protected] comapred to [email protected]

Looking at your graphs that does seem to be the case, if I remember correctly Richard with the Octavia vRS got 220bhp and 245ftlb running T6 HB4. James also said his run suffered from timing retard.

I think an RR day doing mutliple runs on one car with various SPS settings would be very interesting to see.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts