Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Post JBS RR Day

6K views 73 replies 22 participants last post by  MikeP 
#1 ·
Many thanks to all that turned up to JBS today for the Rolling Road day, also thanks to James and Lee for your efforts and not forgetting Josh for his "Mr Joshua Catering Company!"

Figures seemed pretty much spot on today with the first car a 130PD actually putting out a very realistic 130bhp.

Im sure pictures and other results will be posted shortly but my figures for the day were:

Run 1 - Revo High Boost 6, Timing 9 - 235.5bhp, 244.4lbs (flywheel), 221bhp, 228lbs (wheels)

Run 2 - Revo High Boost 9, Timing 9 - 245.3bhp, 232.4lbs (flywheel), 224bhp, 214lbs (wheels)

#10 ·
Top, Top Day!

James had had enough at around 20:15, so we called it a night lmao!

We didn't go through the graphs tonight, so I don't have them yet... Hopefully I'll be able to get them tomorrow evening, so I hope to have them online tomorrow night!

Cheers to everyone that came, I hope you all enjoyed your Tasty MrJoshua Burgers? ?

#13 ·
Great day for a first timer. I had a blast. [:D]

Stock car with standard figures (150bhp and 181 lbs), so was happy. Got it Revo'ed, but no after run. James had had enough for one day (can't say I blame him, it was about 8pm when he finished up).

Nice to meet all you guys n gals. Very friendly bunch

#16 ·
Quote: posted by EddyH on 27/09/2004 10:03:30

Great day!

I got 216bhp and 252ftlb running Timing 6 High Boost 3, James recommended lowering the timing and upping the boost as timing was being retarded by the ECU. I did this but unfortunately didn't get time for another run.

What do you think you were pushing out after the changes?

Nice fast skoda[:p]

#17 ·
Quote: posted by bjs144 on 27/09/2004 10:08:09

Quote: posted by EddyH on 27/09/2004 10:03:30

Great day!

I got 216bhp and 252ftlb running Timing 6 High Boost 3, James recommended lowering the timing and upping the boost as timing was being retarded by the ECU. I did this but unfortunately didn't get time for another run.

What do you think you were pushing out after the changes?

Nice fast skoda[:p]

TBH it didn't feel much different however there was a torque spike on the initial settings which would be perceived by the driver (me) as the car feeling faster. I need to get it on the RR again to see. As the diesel boys like to tell us though sometimes torque is better than bhp, especially for perceived speed.

#19 ·
How did you manage so much torque Eddy? I wonder if its because you only ran HB3?

Im assuming by raising the boost you will increase your bhp but lower the torque (a bit of a tradeoff?) as thats what happened with mine on the second run, I gained 10bhp but lost 10lbs

The two graphs looked very similar but with the power just further up the rev range 235.5bhp@6010 comapred to 245.3@6123.

#20 ·
Quote: posted by GaryM on 27/09/2004 10:46:49

How did you manage so much torque Eddy? I wonder if its because you only ran HB3?

Im assuming by raising the boost you will increase your bhp but lower the torque (a bit of a tradeoff?) as thats what happened with mine on the second run, I gained 10bhp but lost 10lbs

The two graphs looked very similar but with the power just further up the rev range 235.5bhp@6010 comapred to 245.3@6123.

Looking at your graphs that does seem to be the case, if I remember correctly Richard with the Octavia vRS got 220bhp and 245ftlb running T6 HB4. James also said his run suffered from timing retard.

I think an RR day doing mutliple runs on one car with various SPS settings would be very interesting to see.

#22 ·
Quote: posted by sparrow on 27/09/2004 09:36:52

Great day for a first timer. I had a blast. [:D]

Stock car with standard figures (150bhp and 181 lbs), so was happy. Got it Revo'ed, but no after run. James had had enough for one day (can't say I blame him, it was about 8pm when he finished up).

Nice to meet all you guys n gals. Very friendly bunch

nice to meet you aswell alex. its a shame we didnt get to compare the cars figures on the rolling road after they were both revo'd. maybe soon.

#24 ·
Thanks for the day guys.. Long day long trip but worth. First time Jame has had the Ibiza on his dyno.. so Wilko's settings did'nt work on mine.. Huge wheelspin. my g'box confused the dyno coast down for some reason as the @ fly figures were silly high one moment and silly low the other.. James ran it in atw mode only and results seemed to make more sense..although at one point the 330bhp was thought to be @ fly which would have depressed me (cos I know its a tad more [^] )

PD on NOS with tree stump pulling torque... wow.. clean burn and mucho powerful. Must be a hoot. (and economic dammit [:eek:)] )

Cheers for the day

regards

bill

#25 ·
PD on NOS with tree stump pulling torque... wow.. clean burn and mucho powerful. Must be a hoot. (and economic dammit )

It sure is Bill. Obviously not a patch on yours or Wilko's cars but great fun nonetheless. Next time it should be even better as I'll have a downpipe, another remap and possibly a new clutch.

#26 ·
cant wait to see what you get with the down pipe and new re map nik. having a ride in your car has persuaded me to stick to tdis and upset petrol boys with huge torque figures. hope you dont mind but there might be an almost identical anni chipped tdi on this site soon following the great stuff you have done to your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.