Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Edition38. Some good cars on show, despite the weather on Saturday which really honked it down during the morning! Good job we took the tent lol! Some really good examples in the show and shine section, make sure you check this out tomorrow if your going as the level of work that has gone into some cars, is simply amazing [:O]

There were plenty of clubs in attendance, along with the usual traders etc.

Sunday proved to be the more popular day (as usual). The weather was still a bit breezy but with some sunshine blazing down it certainly warmed things up a little. Some of the Belgian cars were simply amazing, in particular the white MK4 and Smoothed Audi A4 Cab [Y] Both on Air ride, too.

Thanks to everyone who tuned up to the stand, you made sure uk-mkivs was represented in full and we certainly made an impression on the crowds [Y] It was good to see some new faces and cars as well, hopefully we'll see some of you at the Mega Meet this coming week.

Will post some pics shortly, didn't get much as the rain made it difficult!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Weve just got back from there, the weather is really poor, couldnt beleive it when that bouncy castle / slide thing went! Some stunning cars there however, il be going again next year, but more likley on the Sunday [:^)]

·
Registered
843 Posts
yet another great show

Had a flat battery so had to get someone to rescure me! Then I didn't put my bonnet down properly and ended up losing my badge less grill on the way home, so was gutted, expensive visit for me!!!

How come aswell its £15 for both days and £15 for one day?!!! Didn't bother me that much due to the high standard of cars.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
yet another great show

Had a flat battery so had to get someone to rescure me! Then I didn't put my bonnet down properly and ended up losing my badge less grill on the way home, so was gutted, expensive visit for me!!!

How come aswell its £15 for both days and £15 for one day?!!! Didn't bother me that much due to the high standard of cars.
It was only £10 on the sunday.. lol [:p]

Thought it was a good show with some pretty amazing cars, I went over to the club stand but there was not many peeps around I saw Jase and Cat, and im guessing there were some others but I didnt know your faces and didnt get chance to come over and say.. [:(] maybe next time.

A quick question for Cat, is your bra going to become a permenant dashboard item? lol [:D]

·
Registered
521 Posts
1st time at E38 for me but an awesome time had by all, excellent s election of cars, and sunday made it all the better with nice weather.......got burnt driving home with the window down .....lol

Nice to see some new faces and old, but the stand looked good, and hopefully i will see some of you up at the mega meet.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I saw Jase and Cat, and im guessing there were some others but I didnt know your faces and didnt get chance to come over and say.. [:(] maybe next time.

A quick question for Cat, is your bra going to become a permenant dashboard item? lol [:D]
You should have come and said hello! Preferably not when I was trying to get changed in the car as somebody else did off here [:p]

Lol if you can get a pvc bra for the bonnet, why not a lacy one for the dashboard! [:D] Although the knickers hanging from the rearview mirror would be a bit of an inconvenience [:p]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
great show again. weather was too bad saturday for me to do show n shine and sunday i was far too hung over. ive now got great ideas for my next ride (NOT VW) and you know it will have air-ride!! bring it on!

·
Registered
29 Posts
yet another great show

I had a flat battery too! Had been charging my sat nav and had the radio on. Luckily Cat had some jump leads and Jase gave me a jump start. Thanks again for that! I feel a bit better to know i'm not the only one who did that!

Was a really good show, nice to put some faces to names. Looking forward to meeting some more people this Sunday.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Was a great show, the weather on Sunday made up for the downpour on Saturday!

There were some great cars on show, I managed to pick up 3rd best Mk4 in show was I am very pleased with considering how hung over I was!

Can't wait until next year!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Was a great show, the weather on Sunday made up for the downpour on Saturday!

There were some great cars on show, I managed to pick up 3rd best Mk4 in show was I am very pleased with considering how hung over I was!

Can't wait until next year!
Am I glad the Uk-mkivs Newsletter just arrived... Congratz on a nice conversion Wayne... awesome. An bout time somone on here did it !!!!

Miss the scene, but I will be back one day :eek:)

Evil [:D]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts