Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big thanks to everyone who turned up today, another great turnout for the uk-mkiv stand. Not only did we have the biggest (non CGTI) stand at the show, but we also managed to scoop the Best Club Stand award [8D] (I'm sure the decrepit Passat had a part to play in that award [:p])

Thanks again to Rob and the crew for inviting us along, another great show as per usual [^] Looking forward to next years already!

Tracy got some pics of the show, will post them up in a mo... If you have any please post them up, especially ones of the stand.

Ta

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I made the trip down, was some nice stuff on display too, & cars[:D]

Got me self some UKMKIV's stickers too.[:D]

Shame about the rain though[:(]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Good day all in all and nice to see some new and old faces....Mark, i have a couple of your plates if you are wondering where they went!

·
Registered
570 Posts
It was great to meet up with everyone again and the weather did stay dry for most of the event too [8D]

Trust our forum to, once again, scoop another award even with some small help from an off-white coloured Passat [:O]

Forum stickers are now on my car too so a good day all round i'd say [^]

·
Registered
961 Posts
i had a good day meeting you all again after so long. i liked the way our forum is proud to show any mkiv regardless of how much it has been modded. eg spud your match was looking well mint and i liked the 16v badge touch. tabs your r32 was looking and sounding good. il let you know if i want to buy it. lol

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
As usual I didn't actually meet most of the people that went cos I was catching up with others but still a good day. Went out for a ride in Wilko's car - that is soooo fast [:D]

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I came over, some bloke seemed unnervingly keen in taking photos of that crummy passat with his phone...what was going on there lads?!

Oh yeah Tabs, get the nasty marks/dings sorted out down your nearside! ;)

ianhg - one mint arthur for sale here...it's not indigo blue mind...

Edit: Royster, so much for the 5mph speed limit hey? Don't worry, I caught you tearing off down the track by the lake as you left (and then heard you a little later further up the track, probably after just clearing a cattle grid I'm guessing? [;)])

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Just to clear up some details, the Passat belong to my mate (Mark) who is a non forum member, got directed to our spot with us and we thought it would stick in people's minds our plot as being the most fun/warped/embarrasing/classy..

Ratty: 5mph what does that mean? hehe my car is steathly quiet...isn't it?

Not a bad day overall

·
Registered
187 Posts
Passat..... hehehehehe, Uhum! Thank you very much our mate Mark! Passat Must have made us win!

Great day overall!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote: posted by Royster on 12/09/2004 20:44:44

my car is steathly quiet...isn't it?

Absolutely, if by 'stealthy quiet' you mean so loud can be heard tearing up a country track from a mile away! [:p]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Glad you all enjoyed it people. It make sthe effort worth while.

You got the "Best Club Display" award because of the huge support you guys showed. From day one this forum has shown enthusiasm for the show, and therefore offered the largest turn out by any Club.

Only actually got to chat to Tabs for a moniute or two as i was running round making sure everyone was doing what they should be. Also I had to PERSONALLY deliver the Club Display Award to Tabs as he wasnt at the presentation [:p]

Thanks again guys. Hope to see you all again next year

·
Registered
25 Posts
Top day guys. Thanks for a great turnout and continued support with this event as Rob says. Shame half your display isnt harcore enough to last all day though! [;)] Thank god we only had one little downpour and 1 tiny shower. Weather was far better than i thought it would be in the forecasts. Roll on Ragley Hall MegaMeet 2005.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Yes, great day had by all I think.[8D] The only bad point for me was a lack of concentration on the way there resulting in a kerbed wheel[B)][:(][V]

We did very well with the weather I think - half an hour after getting home it turned really nasty and autumnal so we all need to say thanks to the Big Man for keeping the tap off till we'd all gone home.

Sorry I never came to chat to many of you, but I was busy running round doing my Show & Shine duties. Only had chance to catch up with Paul and Tabs, but there were several of you I wanted to say hello to[:(]

Whoever it was in the black Mk 4 that addressed me by name when they were driving across the Show & Shine plots - I'm sorry if I looked a bit bewildered but I didn't recognise you and still don't know who you were. Would you like to identify yourself to me please?[:D]

Excellent entries in the Show & Shine too. I'm glad it was self-judged because I certainly wouldn't have wanted to judge them as the standard was superb from everyone (even those that hadn't planned to enter but got dragged into it by the boys on the gate!).

Excellent turnout by boys and girls from here - your display looked almost as impressive as the Worcestershire one[;)][:D]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by Golfgirl on 12/09/2004 22:44:00

Excellent entries in the Show & Shine too. I'm glad it was self-judged because I certainly wouldn't have wanted to judge them as the standard was superb from everyone (even those that hadn't planned to enter but got dragged into it by the boys on the gate!).

I thought about entering the show&shine but didnt know if my car would be good enough, whats involved/judged[?]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 12/09/2004 22:53:48

Quote: posted by Golfgirl on 12/09/2004 22:44:00

I thought about entering the show&shine but didnt know if my car would be good enough, whats involved/judged[?]

Just cleaning your car to the absolute best you can, including those bits some people forget (like inside the fuel flap, under the arches, engine bay etc.) The cars then get judged on how clean they are both inside and out.

Self-judging means that the participants vote for their favourite car in each class (except their own of course) rather than having official judges.

You should have entered - we had quite a few last minute entries and even those cars were of a very high standard.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts