Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post your photos from todays event here!

Good day with the north-south divide being broken temporarily in the name of BHP! Good cars, and good company too.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Here's my photos, Sorry for the seemingly poor quality, new camera and haven't got the nack of using it indoors - always comes out grainy and weird. Sorry.

I have some video clips too - Sem's, Golfgirl's and mine. Would anyone be kind enough to host them for me?

Mike/Cecil/Tarquin/Phil/Dr. Laslo Vatentine/Quentin Ponsomby-Smythe and anything else I was called today..

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Photos/graphs/videos will all be up on our site on monday too :)
Whoohoo, can't wait!!

I must say, Awesome offer the most professionally run rolling road day
I've ever been to - laminated graphs, online videos, plots and pictures
- superb[Y]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Think its safe to say everyone had a great day yesterday!! One of THE best RR days I've been along to in a long time. It must surely be the biggest RR uk-mkivs has organised to date. Great to see so many people from all over the country, with the lads and lasses from down south deserving a special mention for their mamoth treck ooop' north! Hope everyone was pleased with figures obtained from the Dynojet at Awesome - I don't think I heard one person grumbling about figures being inaccurate (which was a first for any RR day [:p] )

Massive thanks to all staff at Awesome for managing to accomodate 37 cars, in total, on the rollers. Jim mentioned it was a record for them [:D] It just goes to show how well laid out Awesome's workshop is, with their Dynojet at the rear, making spectating joy [Y] I'm looking forward to doing the next RR day up at Awesome, probably around mid summer if anyone is interested?

If everyone could post up their results so I could do a table of results that would be great [Y]

Heres some pics from the day:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/photos/events/images/453939/original.aspx

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/photos/events/images/453931/original.aspx

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/photos/events/images/453935/original.aspx

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/photos/events/images/453940/original.aspx

Few more pics in the gallery here

If anyone has more pics we could use in the gallery then please post them up [Y]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Photos/graphs/videos will all be up on our site on monday too :)
Whoohoo, can't wait!!

I must say, Awesome offer the most professionally run rolling road day I've ever been to - laminated graphs, online videos, plots and pictures - superb[Y]
Agreed, 100%.

They really are a friendly bunch of lads and I was very impressed with how well the whole RR day had been organised. I will certainly be attending the next one.

A big [Y] to all at Awesome.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
cant wait to see more pics, im especially interested in cages alloys and pics of them if he was there :p

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
First off.. i'd like to say a huge thank you to Kev and Neo for the lifts up there and around ! It really was much appreciated. Cheers gents.

What a wicked day out eh ! The convoy was such fun even if I did get up at three am.. [:S] [:|] Great to finally get a ride in car of the year.. Kev your car is just perfect, exactly how i'd like my car to be.. eventually !

Great to meet folks who i've never met before.. James, good to (finally) meet you too ! [:)] (I forgot to give you that cd.. i'll stick it in the post soon for ya [Y])

Cluke - I recognised you instantly, good to chat with yourself and your other half, I can't believe how clean your interior is, it's immaculate !

Andymac - Good to meet and chat with you too.

Claire, Redbeard (didn't catch your name, sorry !), Quentin/Cecil/Phil/Dr Valentine and anyone else who I met, great top see you all [Y]

All that mad radio chatter on the way up.. always a good craic with those convoys [:D]

.. and getting lost about a mile away from awesome.. going round and round that roundabout a coupla times (I shoulda videod it ! [:(])

.. and the look on that old guys face as we went across the roundabout, fifteen golfs all at once [:D]

.. and flashin' other modded golfs on the M1 and them knowin the 'code' too ! [Y]

.. and that viper in the car park at south mimms on the way back.. [:O]

.. and kev's adjustable boost dial.. WHOA [:O][:O][:O][:O][:)]

I am now convinced of my need for coilovers, having ridden a few hundred miles in RS golf with them and 19's.

I have briefly reviewed the video footage, the sound seems to go a bit funny on some of the rolling footage on the M1.. will have to try and either blank out the sound or stick some music over the top. I will endeavour to do that this week if possible, but I can only do it at work, so will only have about half hour per day to try and sort it, so bear with me folks. Plus, i've not used the software at work before, so will have to try and learn it! Gonna plug into the telly later on too and see what it looks like on the widescreen [:D][Y] Think the rolling road footage looks good too [Y] -Will probably stick it on a dvd and post it to Chris who can host it perhaps.

More of the same please folks.. superb day out, such a good turn out and great banter with the folks from oop norf ! [:D] 'Swot it's all about, Tabby Wabby's cockernee accent was hilarious ! and barm cake ! lol.. there's no cake in it.. [:p]

Sorry for the endless smilies, just read this to myself..

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
*laughs* I think Dan's got a lot of covered really, it was really was such a great and funny day.

4.30am alarm clocks never go down well with me - even less so (as I find out when I get home) as it woke the old dear up. Whoops!!

Met a couple of new southerners (Neo, Nick, James), and loads of the northerners (I will no doubt forget half of who they were but: Tabs, Spin (though only right at the end sorry mate!), PeterMauriceDavidAndrewBillChristopherAlanBorisCecil... Mike [;)], Sem, Jase, Andy, and there's about 5 other faces I should remember the anmes of but can't - typical me, sorry folks [:$]). Good to see the regulars (as it seems to be) from down here too - Jason, Ting Tong Tucker foom TooTing, Kev, Dan as well... Only missing a few others (that I know anyway!)

Cruises always seem to be hilarious, nothing like a bit of 2way (radio!) action to keep things moving and laughing... Managed to keep the boys reasonably in check on the way up (ie not getting left behind with my disgusting 9 points slowing me down) - coming home though, was like watching people drive past you as if stood still.... So funny!!

The roundabout incident's been mentioned, was pee'ing myself driving roudn and round that, the bit just before that was great though, where Neo and 3 others turned right... and the other 12 of us just SAT in the middle of hte road, waiting for someone else to follow [:D]

Smoked far too much (feeling that today), chatted far too much (nothing new), took the **** out of Tabs and he fell for it (hey have you taken the lense cap off - LOL - cannot believe you went for it mate!)... If it makes you feel better though, I did Jason at the services on the way back down, Neo picked up some Benedryl and J asked why - I told him he'd (Neo) had an allergic reaction to that crazy cat - and he believed me [:D] [:D]

Dan - as said before mate if you get it to me, I'll quite happily host it for you, just cut them down into nice chunks (it'll make trying to persuade the server to stream them will be a WHOLE raft easier - just found some software that should do that nicely!)... As always, looking forward to the cruise vid too - hopefully with better results than waiting for the Brighton stuff to appear (I don't think any of that ever did in the end? *HINT* !!!!)

Tabsy Wabsy aka The Anorak - ta for organising mate, very good day, facilities seemed tip top, so well planned - might have been a record for Awesome, but they did good. I'll never understand why you thought I was a droid or something [:'(] [;)]

C

PS - After that 10 min hype about the barn door... No, the big breakfast baps (not sponsored by C4)... Breadbin... No, Dustbin - it looked a little disappointing in the end - much smaller than expected [:$].... Big pat on the back for working through a bit of stick from us southerners to explain what they were though - even if Kev still doesn't get it [;)]

EDIT: What a prat. The whole point is for photos, and I've jsut spent the last hour doing them and the videos. And I posted all that rubbish and promptly forgot!!

Photos can be found this clicky here

That location includes 3 short videos, one of my 2nd RR, Neo's 2nd RR (which they aborted cos of the DSG) and his 3rd RR where it worked a LITTLE better. You'll get a Windows media display up - give it a couple mins and they'll appear and play!

Vidiquick links:

My GTI - 2nd run
Neo GTI - 2nd run (aborted)
Neo GTI - 3rd run

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Cool pics! [y]

Is this the bit where I point out you did a great job of the plates - bar Neo's GTI right in the last photo?? [;)]

C

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Took a few pics, most came out bad as usual [:p] - here's a couple of my favourite cars though

Richie:
Posted Image

and this one, sounded like a rally car when you pulled off to go home!! Fully stripped interior and what wheels are they??
Posted Image

cheers to Awesome for a brilliant day out [:D][Y]

1 - 20 of 51 Posts