Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been looking round for a Golf GTi/TDi for some time and have found one which is the right price, right mileage & it's in tip top condition, only problem is I can't decide if I like the colour?

It's a Sand Gold Metallic, 2000/X, 1.8T GTi, 3dr, Recaro's, Air Con, 42k on the Clock and is up for ?8499.

Let me know what you think?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I know for a fact that Greenbeast has one in futura yellow, this is a pic of his car below (i hope you don't mind me using your pic mate?) [;)]

Just thought i'd post it to help give this fellow member a bit of inspiration as i don't think a sand gold metallic one will be that much different! [^]

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
That is quite expensive. I am about to sell my Car which is exactly the same spec, but 5 door, which the addition of engine remap and suspension upgrades, wheels, Sat Nav etc, for, I expect ?750 less than that. Plus it is Indigo Blue. Is that a private deal or from a dealer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Pic RJH, the colour of the one I've been looking at is more of a beige colour instead of Gold if you get what I mean...

Milkfloat - Sorry I should of said it's for sale through a dealer with a 6 months warranty.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I like desert beige as its different and quite a rare sight.

M4rtin - 8499 does seem a tad expensive. Could you knock em down on the price a lttile?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by RJH on 15/03/2005 10:33:38

I know for a fact that Greenbeast has one in futura yellow, this is a pic of his car below (i hope you don't mind me using your pic mate?) [;)]

Just thought i'd post it to help give this fellow member a bit of inspiration as i don't think a sand gold metallic one will be that much different! [^]

Posted Image

Nick likes to call his the 'Golden Golf' .. btw [;)][:)]

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
seems about spot on price wise.

I payed ?7800 to a dealer for an immaculate 2000 model W reg 5door black 1.8t(arz) with 40k and fsh about a month back. Could have paid less but my 1.8t is pristine with no dings/scratches anywhere.[^]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Desert Beige! That's the name for it, I couldn't remember it... Doh..! lol - Thanks Cat1.4

Gareth - Well I will certainly try to get some money off if I go for it, but I thought it was about right price wise, after checking the guides online, maybe I'm wrong?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Quote: posted by Cat1.4 on 15/03/2005 11:34:59

Think you mean Desert Beige which is the same as D17ONA's an IMO utterly lovely

Posted Image

Donna looks different with a shaved head.

·
Registered
518 Posts
don't think you're wrong about price, just think you could knock the dealer down a little or try to get a couple of extras thrown in. - eg 6 disc changer, scotch guard, mats etc.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Quote: posted by M4rtin on 15/03/2005 12:07:23

Desert Beige! That's the name for it, I couldn't remember it... Doh..! lol - Thanks Cat1.4

Gareth - Well I will certainly try to get some money off if I go for it, but I thought it was about right price wise, after checking the guides online, maybe I'm wrong?

Here is my wee car, yeah its Desert Beige, cheers Cat [:D] yeah you either love it or hate I think. Had lots of good comments on mine [^]

Posted Image

·
Registered
473 Posts
Quote: posted by Milkfloat on 15/03/2005 12:36:58

Quote: posted by Gareth_1.8T on 15/03/2005 12:17:18

LOL @ Milkfloat. (very brave)

or very stupid.

lol yeah deffo that [:p]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts