Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bored at work and saw this;

PS2 Skin

I've purchased one to maybe use on my PS2!

Also thought it may be very similar to the r32 dash stuff, so when I get it, ill compare it and post results.

I know some people were looking at a material to do it with to save dosh.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, noone seems too interested, but it was here when i got home and.....

Its a perfect match for the r32 brushed aluminium trim!

Sorry the pic isnt the best.

Maybe ideal for people not wanting to buy a new cage?!

Posted Image

bigger pic HERE

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wow that looks great. Is it flexible/bendable (sp?)

I'd like to make my cubby hole brushed alu to go with every thing else.

·
Registered
703 Posts
cool, but i think for the dash i would have to get the real thing... it all in the mind really, if you dont mind the vinyl then go for it. it would still look better than the wood i have.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive got all the real stuff, thought some people would be interested in it though. it really is a perfect match!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Yowzers, thats cracking!

How much do you get when buying a pack off him Joey? Would it be enough to do all my wood trim or not? [:D]

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right,

Didnt take pics of what i got..DOH!

You maybe able to do most if not all of the trim if you measure it out properly, but id guess stuff like the drivers finger plate would be well hard!

All you get is a perfect fit for the top of the PS2 (cut out for logo aswell) & some other bits which may not be enough to do anything much.

Main thing i was thinking was for people with the old, plain plastic radio cage.....could do the sides nicely i reckon & any other straight bits.

I dunno how good it will be & so please dont flame me if it doesnt turn out perfect!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
wasn't there some german guy selling the brushed alu stick on stuff? It was all pre-cut for the Golf. I might get that as a cheap option

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TBH, i dont like the stick on kits you see on ebay.

I prefer all the proper stuff, and i took ages to get it as i had to change the cage etc which i think puts people off!

IMO, this may save you needing the new cage & maybe you can do a few othewr things with it, i.e. cubby hole.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts