Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Don't think there are any to be honest the majority of people on here, including myself, got theirs through Autopia. Normally you can get some sort of discount code from one of the members on here though I have forgetten his name

Unfortunately the exhange rate has worsened since I bought my Sonus DAS Polishing Kit with a load of extra pads and bits as it cost me about ?120 including delivery and I didn't even get hit for duty & VAT either.

Just remeber if you buy one from the states you will need to modify the plug and get a transformer for it as well

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I think you can find them on Motorgeeks site for about ?250 ( yes ?250), plus like JW says your still gona have to buy a yellow box & bits to convert the power down to 110v.

If you want a Autopia discount code I may be able to help, PM if so.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for info guys think i may try ringing Porter+Cable uk store in walsall and see if they can get/have one in

will let you know the outcome...

·
Registered
365 Posts
I found a UK site selling Porter-Cable 7424 & power transformer for under ?150.00 delivered, only comes with one pad but seems like a good deal, I will phone them and find out if transformer (4.1 amp) will be OK for use with the 7424 (3.7 amp), I have a feeling they are importing direct from the US, the 7424 is only ?83.33, transformer ?15.97 and about ?46 for shipping OMG[:O], VAT is included though and no HM Customs to worry about, will keep you all updated, and if all goes to plan will let you know....

Autopia is very tempting but I have been beaten up by customs before, buying items from the US got a ?34 charge for a $70 dollar item, ?10 handling and vat on item plus postage cost[:mad:]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
You'll have to post the price up along with the tel no if that's ok. I've got a transformer and won't need the extension lead.
I think you will need it, the PC cable isnt very long, only about 2mtr.

For the small cost the extension cable is well worth the investment.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am waiting for reply, from them, if all goes to plan I will order tonight, MK4 Turbo I can order your PC at same time and save shipping let me know, you will need a 4 amp 500 watt transformer to be safe.

PM me if you want one, or I can send details

Prices include shipping to UK, so there you go Guys a Porter-Cable for ?111.76 delivered

1 PC = ?111.76
1 PC & 1 transformer = ?146.59
2 PC & 2 transformers = ?266.95, ?133.47 each
3 PC & 3 transformers = ?382.67, ?127.55 each
4 PC & 4 transformers = ?492.93, ?123.23 each

I contacted company and this is reply....

Mike,

We pay VAT and customs, show the price you see is what you get.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
521 Posts
Do you mean shipping within the UK is included, or to the UK. If it is to the UK then these people are probably in the US, therefore you might still get clobbered for import tax.

You may find that the Autopia route is still the better way to go, as then you can also get the velcro backing plate and the pads at the same time, otherwise you will have to source those items yourself as well. Those you can get in the UK though.

John

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
i'm working on a PC GB at the moment......watch this space. having difficulty with prices and import tax though.if there aint a decent saving, i wont bother

but the company you have found are in the US i suspect so import tax may be an issue.......

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
i'm working on a PC GB at the moment......watch this space. having difficulty with prices and import tax though.if there aint a decent saving, i wont bother

but the company you have found are in the US i suspect so import tax may be an issue.......
Well I'd be up for one if you get a good price [:)]

Is there a feeler thread for the GB ?

·
Registered
365 Posts

The company I contacted are www.maxtool.co.uk and they have confirmed that they pay all duty/customs, but how do you find out if this is the case or do HM Customs smack us for one anyway? see my reply from David at Maxtool

I will hold on until you find out about your potential PC GB, I am defo interested

1 - 20 of 23 Posts