Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Looks better in those pics than any I've seen on the Porsche site strangely.

I want one...in fact I think that's my next car, might be a couple of years off though.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
The Cayamn looks great. But if it is boxer based, us big guys may struggle to fit in! Pretty cramped, a bxer, but when you see how the more powerful S version handles, with no roof, you can bet that cayman will be amazing!

How much do they come in at ??

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I fit in fine in my folk's 05 Boxster S. Can't see why the hard top would be any worse.
How tall are you A7? I always fancied a boxster to run a round in but when I sat in a 2002 model it felt very small inside [:(]

J.

·
Registered
558 Posts
How tall are you A7? I always fancied a boxster to run a round in but when I sat in a 2002 model it felt very small inside [:(]

J.
6'1" 16 stone and very unflexable. My head isn't on the roof in either the series 1 or new boxster. Only car I've struggled with is a Lotus Elise - had to take the roof off to get in and out.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I'm shorter than you, just, but always have to drive them with my knees like I'm having a baby and feet all splayed out! Its ok for a bit but your shoes get al worn out on the outside heels after a while. I did not realise how bad mine was until I got the MK4 to run about in.

BUt a brilliant car, the boxster, no doubt. Best roadster out there IMO.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
6'1" 16 stone and very unflexable. My head isn't on the roof in either the series 1 or new boxster. Only car I've struggled with is a Lotus Elise - had to take the roof off to get in and out.
Hmmm strange as I am 6'2" and 17 stone but thought the boxster a tad cramped, perhaps I was having a tall day! Especially as I managed to clamber in an out of my mates elise that I used to borrow...

Perhaps I need to go and have another look at them then!

J.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hmmm strange as I am 6'2" and 17 stone but thought the boxster a tad cramped, perhaps I was having a tall day! Especially as I managed to clamber in an out of my mates elise that I used to borrow...

Perhaps I need to go and have another look at them then!
You got in and out of a S1 Elise with the roof on? Without crawling out onto the floor?

As with all sportsters, the Boxster seems more clostrophobic as there is less glass, your lower, sit horizontal and the dash is that much closer to you (as oppose to an upright positioned euro hatch back) but I don't find it uncomfortable. Its just different to get used to.

The new Boxster is bigger all round...incl inside.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I must be one of the few that is not a fan, the front end does not do it for me in particular and I dont like the flanks either the side air intakes are awful IMO, shame they could not make it more aggresive and have a more flared arch look at the back.

Ha well I suppose I should not be surprised it is porsche after all.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
You got in and out of a S1 Elise with the roof on? Without crawling out onto the floor?

As with all sportsters, the Boxster seems more clostrophobic as there is less glass, your lower, sit horizontal and the dash is that much closer to you (as oppose to an upright positioned euro hatch back) but I don't find it uncomfortable. Its just different to get used to.

The new Boxster is bigger all round...incl inside.
Now I never said I didn't have to crawl on the floor... I could get in without to much bother but getting out was quite entertaining for others! The guy who owned the car at the time was an inch taller than me but very flaxible!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts