Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
That looks great unfortunately it still is no 911. You can see they've redeveloped the Boxster to cater for those who couldn't see past it's effeminate appearance and poor-mans 911 statuesque?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I've heard it will retail for ?45-50k once specced with leather and options which is in the price bracket of the E90 M3 and B7 RS4.

For ?50k, I personally would buy a used 996 Turbo[:D]

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Nothing wow about it. I feel it's another pointless model for the
range - just like the Cayenne. They should use the development
cash and bring back the 968 CS!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Nice looking porsche. [y][y][y], but is this porsche a front engined
one because its got a boot at the back not at the front like the rest
of them. Whats the specs of the cayman??

Sonny

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Now the rumours of this boxster coupe have been around for ages and ages, so this is not top secret stuff...............apart form the fact this was to be a ?30k sports car, not a ?50k one.[<:eek:)]

With the soft top boxster s being less than 40k, and the Cayenne entry level 4x4 being 30k, it is feasible this will be early ?30k or so, (ie soft top always pricier than a hardtop).

So if it were ?33k say, who'd be interested..............(form an orderly bundle at Fritz Bahnstormeringeregungen's Porsche dealer's front door!!).

Like the Cayman name to, reminds of tax havens and suitcases full of cash on the back of speedboats!

It's one foxy motor that is!

·
Registered
225 Posts
It looks great.
Don't care if it's a poor man's Porsche (plenty of poverty stricken people about with over ?40k to spend on a car!), it's looks great, will handle brilliantly, has the engine in the right place and will be very well made.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
...............like we care what that lanky eeejut thinks!!!

Fingers crossed these are up for grabs around the 30k mark.

I think it looks real retro form the side that B pillar backwards sort of looks like its from the late 60's??

·
Registered
558 Posts
Don't forget it will be plus optional extras....which you would need quite a lot of as it/they do not come highly kitted.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Best way to buy a porker is not to go too daft on the options. A Boxster s with bigger wheels a cruise /bose comes out about 40k, form a 38500 list. I've seen guys spec em up to 50k, and lose a packet when they trade them in.

Get ac on it (if not stock) big rims and a few cheap gadgets and job will be a good un!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Copied from the porsche website:

"The basic price for the Cayman S is 50,300 euros. The vehicle costs 58,529 euros in Germany including value added tax and country-specific requirements."

So that's 35k basic so it will probably be around the 40k mark in the uk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts