Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, was just wondering about the polo rear wiper... i beleive you can fit it to the golf? does anyone have any pics of this?is it worth the time and effort?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
found one, ordered it and am now waiting for it to arrive, so will let you know my opinion when it's fitted

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

If you want a wiper the same size as the original MK4 you need to order the wiper arm from the Touranand the blade from the Polo. If you order all Polo bits the wiper is too short!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Silvergolf, t'other way round mate, Polo arm with Touran blade
Hi,

No this is what I have fitted - Touran Arm and Polo blade. If you do it the otherway round the inner part of the blade is closer to the spindle than the original. I spent a good half hour at the dealers measuring before one of the helpful sales people fitted a Polo blade onto a Touran and let me measure it!

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
whops! my mistake then mate - I was going by what a lot of folk say on here about using the Polo arm / Touran blade. Can't believe you met a friendly VW salesperson though!!!!!!! ;o) Which dealers was it if you don't mind saying

·
Registered
64 Posts
does anyone know the part numbers for the touran arm and polo blade?

and also the length or the part number for the aero blades for the front? to see if i can stop the wipers wiping anymore of the car!! (tried swapping the blades around but made it worse [:S] )

thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
whops! my mistake then mate - I was going by what a lot of folk say on here about using the Polo arm / Touran blade. Can't believe you met a friendly VW salesperson though!!!!!!! ;o) Which dealers was it if you don't mind saying
Hi,

Yip it was Richard Alexanders in Leeds

·
Registered
23 Posts
does anyone know the part numbers for the touran arm and polo blade?

and also the length or the part number for the aero blades for the front? to see if i can stop the wipers wiping anymore of the car!! (tried swapping the blades around but made it worse [:S] )

thanks
Hi,

Just ask at the parts department for the Touran arm and the Polo or MKV Golf blade (they are one and the same).

As to the fronts you need the arm and blade for the aero wipers as fitted to the last of the MK4 Golfs. They should work fine.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts