Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone driven one or know much about them? There is a nice one near m forsale at the mo and i'm tempted to trade the golf in!

Good Spec too! Xenons, leather, Climate ect

They quick?

·
Registered
371 Posts
i used to have one before the golf, really nice car! it was great to throw about around the bends (it was on hr coilovers). it is pretty quick to, i dont think its quite as quick as the golf (1.8T) plus you have to work the engine a lot more to get it goin!

much better spec in std form than the golf to! if you get an earlier one you wont get climate just ac, also the later ones had a cd changer as std to and a few other little bits!

·
Registered
110 Posts
My wife has one,

Posted Image

Great car and fairly quick if you keep the revs up.

The Gearbox/clutch thing you refer to is commonly known as the pedal box problem. This was subject to a factory recall so check that this has been done. They are full of good equipment as standard (although, strangly no MFA). Not quite as solid as the Golf and feels a little scatty at higher speed as the power steering becomes quite light.

Overall I'd say it's a very good car but I'd never swap my Golf for one [:)]

·
Registered
371 Posts
as regards to the gearbox........yeh they have been known to go, however i had no problems with mine, a late 2001 car!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Alex, I remember seing that car on porka.net! I think it looked lovely, i've got that image saved on my PC and I nearly got a polo gti because of you! lol

All those polo gti's need is lowering and some 16's and they look great.

·
Registered
371 Posts
hey fasial, yeh i was on porka.net, infact i think i was about the first member on there when it started yrs ago ( i was polo17)!

yeh the gti's don't need much doing to them to look good, i miss the car to be honest, i might even buy another one day as a second car when they become a bit cheaper!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
19s...on a Polo!?

One kept up with me a few weeks ago well into early-ish triple figures and then I pulled away but I'm remapped.

So they can't be that slow, the owner *said* he hadn't done anything to it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thats too small only seats 4[:(] not to much room to swing a cat in the boot[V] "glove box is bigger"[:D] Quote: posted by zekegti on 09/04/2005 20:19:55

Guys. If your gonna go small go Lupo

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ahh, my old GTi...

I loved her so much!

On my old H and R coilies! hehe

whats 0-60 times on polo gti as looking for one for me and the wife.Take a deposit for the S3 now

I think book is 8.5 seconds, but to be honest they are not much slower than mk4 1.4 16v polos!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts