Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><VoteOptions question="What is the BEST Remap...." description="your views.... even better if AGU.

Which is the better remap for overall performance, but also for BHP & Torque."><a>JABBA</a>REVO<c>CUSTOM CODE</c></VoteOptions>

·
Registered
447 Posts
most people cannot answer this question as they have only had one type of software and will not switch providers. for example i have had revo stage 1 so now when i get exhaust etc i can get revo stage 2 upgrade for 50 quid.... or i would have to pay full whack again to change company say if i wanted to go to custom code i would have to pay hundreds for their stage 2 and only 50 quid for revo stage 2.

there are exceptions like GaryM who will tell you he much prefers CC2 over Revo2.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A genuine custom map is going to be better than any generic map, especially if you have other mods. And 2 or 3 companies at least offer a full custom service now, so take your pick.
Plus custom maps often come with before and after power plots, so you really know what you have gained.

Having said that, you'd not be disappointed with any of the big mapping companies, generic or not.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i would say a custom remap will be better than my revo, but i got revo due to location and how simple it is. when i get stage 2 i will be tweeking it with the sps3 swithc and logging with a vag com to get the best out of it. cheers

myk3

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Geeesss... you wait till Gary see's this!! no votes for custom code!!! boy you lot are in BIG trouble! and thats BEFORE Edd gets here!! [:D]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
LOL @ Geeba!!

I'll reserve my vote until we finish up at Awesome on Saturday where
theres going to be Custom Code, Jabba, Revo and others on the rollers.

IMHO though its a VERY close call between CC and APR.

We'll see then, better to back it up with figures on the same day, same rollers [;)]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Most people here would suggest an upsolute remap for the agu as its the best bang for the buck.
Ditto.... I think the Upsolute would be great for the AGU as it is a bargin.

I've had an Upsolute chip, Revo and Jabba remaps and they are all more a less the same.

Upsolute seemed to give a lot more boost at low revs, but then starts to puff out near top end, but its a great chip if you have no other mods.

Revo and Jabba seem to give a smooth power delivery through the whole rev range, but cost a lot more money then the upsolute

If I were to get a remap now then I would probably go for the Custom Code, but I don't think I would gain anything from doing it and spending a lot of money as I like the Jabba remap I still have on the car.

Just go to a good firm that is near you, so you can go back to them and get additional mods done... as I go to Jabba and it takes me 4 hours to get there and back. I have to keep taking days off work to go there[:'(].

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Kev, get a job at Jabba! Sure anyone here would be happy for you to mod their cars [:)]
LOL...LOL... I just hope my engine does not blow up at the rolling road day.[:D][:$][:'(]

As no one will ever take my advice again..........

·
Registered
436 Posts
LOL @ Geeba!!

I'll reserve my vote until we finish up at Awesome on Saturday where theres going to be Custom Code, Jabba, Revo and others on the rollers.
IMHO though its a VERY close call between CC and APR.

We'll see then, better to back it up with figures on the same day, same rollers [;)]
Gary...sorry mate I can't make Saturday due to work....I'm sure Jim will let you see my maps.

It feels even better now after a couple of days adaptation.

I doubt if there will be much difference in my figures since Tuesday and this Saturday....I hope they bear well against similarly modded MKIV's. The main thing though is that it is so smooth and drives superbly....feels so much quicker...suprisingly so

Ian

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Gary...sorry mate I can't make Saturday due to work....I'm sure Jim will let you see my maps.

I doubt if there will be much difference in my figures since Tuesday and this Saturday....I hope they bear well against similarly modded MKIV's. The main thing though is that it is so smooth and drives superbly....feels so much quicker...suprisingly so
Thats a shame Ian, would have been good to meet you and see your car.
I must admit, APR are doing very good things at present - about time though!!!
As for bearing well, it seems they do [:)]

·
Registered
436 Posts

Thats a shame Ian, would have been good to meet you and see your car.
I must admit, APR are doing very good things at present - about time though!!!
As for bearing well, it seems they do [:)]
It is a shame...long drive for me though in 1 week from the Westcountry....perhaps see you at another day.

TSR are doing a RR 4th of Feb I believe if you can make it.As you say APR certainly have pulled their finger out.

Nice with the switchable Cruise control too.

Good luck for Saturday mate

Ian

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sorry this is a bit of Topic, [:(]

Gary you seem to know a bit about stuff on here....

You mentioned about the figures being different on Awesome's road on Sat due to it being Load Based.

What does this exactlly mean?

There was some speculation about results obtained on Essex Advantages Road?

I'm hoping for some decent figures, I have fitted a Turbo Back Milltek since then.

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Sorry this is a bit of Topic, [:(]

Gary you seem to know a bit about stuff on here....

You mentioned about the figures being different on Awesome's road on Sat due to it being Load Based.

What does this exactlly mean?

There was some speculation about results obtained on Essex Advantages Road?

I'm hoping for some decent figures, I have fitted a Turbo Back Milltek since then.

Cheers

Dan
sorry bit off topic, but how did the turbo back change performance? was there a knowtisable difference? faster spool etc? cheers

1 - 20 of 58 Posts