Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><VoteOptions question="Vote on the most pointless/annoying features of your MkV!" description="We all know the MkV Golf is awash with marvellous features designed to increase the enjoyment and safety of your driving experience. But what about those little things that make you think........why? Here's a list to pick from........."><a>Tailgate unlock button on the remote</a>Both electric mirrors occasionally move at the same time<c>Automatic lights - hey! I know when it's dark!</c><d>Those dodgy automatic wipers </d><e>Econ button</e><f>3 flash lane change indicators</f><g>The central air vent - I don't need to keep my windscreen cool!</g><h>The cup "holders" underneath the handbrake</h>The bling bling seat belt warning<j>The "instantaneous fuel consumption" readout on the trip computer - hey look at this second I'm doing 150mpg! </j><k>Electric "fold in" mirrors - by about one inch????</k><l>others (please list below)</l></VoteOptions>

·
Registered
740 Posts
I was a bit dissapointed by how far the mirrors folded in.... also that they don't fold in when you lock the car [:(]

There's gotta be a mod for that [:)]

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
For me it is teh 3rd button on the remote. If it popped the boot open, well then it would be very useful.

If anyone wants the seatbelt alarm turning off in the Warwickshire area give me a PM as it can be done by VAG-COM.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The 3rd button for me. The fact that you can easily lock your keys in the car makes this a danger. I recently had to make a 150 mile journey to get my mate's spare key for his new Audi A6. We were away camping and his wife shut the boot noy knowing he had put the key inside [:$]

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The arm rest is crap
Do you think so? I like the way it slides out so it is well out of the way when you are not using it and the indexed raising action so you can set it to the right height to suit you.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The mirrors do not occassionally move at the same time.  The will do this always when you are moving the driver's one.

·
Registered
593 Posts
My drivers window has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it does up when you press the up buttom buy most of e time it goes all the way down!

Also, water trickles in off the roof when the damn window is open - press the window up switch and the damn thing goes back down so i get even wetter[:mad:] Aarrgghhhhh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Am I the only person who thinks all of these are good features, well mostly anyway.

For instance I think the sunglasses holder is brilliant, can't hear any rattling.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Got to be the seat belt warning for
me. Mind you the sunglasses holder is a waste of space for me as I wear
photochromatic specs anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Close call, but it's got to be the boot release button for me.
I'm not exaggerating when I say it only works 1 in 50 times I try to
use it. It's worked twice in 3 months. And even if it did
work, I'd probably only use it to retrieve forgotten shopping once a
month. Dammit, that reminds me...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The sunglasses holder, mine were in there for about a minute before the rattling annoyed me!
Absolutely agree. Can't think what I could usefully store there above my eye level apart from something soft and useless.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Why has no one mentioned the bottle opener! I doubt it will ever get used in my car. The compartment is handy for my phone and tic tacs though, but the opener is pointless! 

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone ever grabbed for the handbrake and found that it's not on the right side where you'd expect to find it on almost all RHD cars? [^o)]

Sure someday I'll roll back into someone [:O] and get out the car holding a bottle of coke with my thumb on the lid! [:cool:]

Buzz.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh, and the speedo over reads by at least 10%. (varified by Tomtom GPS speed reading and Origin B2 GPS)

I find 10% totally unacceptable on a modern car... does anyone know if this can be re-calibrated by the dealer?

I'm running Monza II 18" wheels - maybe it's more an issue on these than the 17" wheels - can anyone else verify this?

Thanks,

Buzz[:)]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Ive had mine about a week now and the thing that gets to me most is the seat belt warning [:mad:]

PING PING PING, Jesus...[:mad:]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Why has no one mentioned the bottle opener!
What bottle opener ? I dont think I have one on mine (05 reg GT TDi) - where should I be looking for it ? Or was it an option (why would you ever spec a bottle opener as an option ???)

Cheers

Nathan

1 - 20 of 52 Posts