Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><VoteOptions question="So who has the highest PC Desktop sales?" description="Reading one of the trade magazines which popped through my door this morning, and it makes for quite interesting reading! So who do you think sold the most desktop machines btween October 2004 and October 2005? The most was 'other brands' but who came second? This is based on the UK Market Share "><a>HP</a>Fujitsu<c>Acer</c><d>Lenovo</d><e>Apple</e><f>Dell</f><g>Sony</g></VoteOptions>

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think this is a trick question - if you take into consideration that Notebook sales have gone through the roof this year, ACER I would think are number 1 now...

If not, it has to be Dell. HP are not really big on PC anymore outside of the corporate market place but dell can afford to keep getting cheaper.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Acer most likely I went to an Acer sales seminar recently and know that the sales are doing particulally well.

Acer have been doing so surprisingly well because they have been giving the channel a lot more support and do not offer any direct sales unlike the opposition which makes sme resellers promote the product more. [;)]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know who it is yes! Would be no point me blurting it out to start with though! [:)]

The company with the highest market share in terms of desktop sales it 'other' being all brands put together. But the one underneath that is HP.

HP have a 35% market share. Dell has a 0.4% market share.

Surprised me too, and I had to re-read several times and make sure I was looking at the graph proper! Dell actually are the lowest.

Its the same with notebooks, only difference is, Acer is the 2nd highest under HP. Again, Dell are down the bottom.

This was for last year only, between oct - oct. I thought it would have been Dell also!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
If Dell are only getting 0.4% share of the market, with all the promotion they put in, then they're doing something wrong. I just can't believe that. Is there something about this report that you're not telling us - like maybe it was "commissioned" by HP!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just reading the cnet article that Milkfloat posted - W36 - are you sure that your graphs were not relating to GROWTH in sales rather than actual sales - this article is saying that HP's market share is growing to catch up with Dell who are way out in front, but not increasing very much!

Al

1 - 19 of 19 Posts