Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><VoteOptions question="Mk4 tail light for silver golf" description="which you prefer or leave as standard"><a>
Posted Image
</a>
Posted Image
<c>
Posted Image
</c><d>
Posted Image
</d><e>
Posted Image
</e><f>standard</f></VoteOptions>

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
how can I edit the post as I have just been reading and I need to change the img bits to capitals then the pics will come up!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dubswich think its either those or the ones with the 2 clear bits in the middle, seen them at the weekend thought they looked real nice

Has some one got these for sale? Got mentioned on Sunday

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
These would look damn fine.

Posted Image
Far too boring i think!! Why would you even consider putting these on a silver car when RCCR's and Euro-spec ones look as spot on as could be! [*-)][:$]

·
Registered
108 Posts
Definately Hella R/C/C/R's as IMO on a silver car they fit in very well. Send a PM to Baker21, he works for Hella and can get a serious discount for you.[:D]

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

Posted Image
Far too boring i think!! Why would you even consider putting these on a silver car when RCCR's and Euro-spec ones look as spot on as could be! [*-)][:$]
Easy answer is, because I have some to sell !!!! When they arrive !!! Thats if I can decide on these or the US spec ones when they arrive !! Either way one set has to go. SOON. And IMO RCCR are a bit chavy.

OH !! I'm going to regret that, do your worst !!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Did not realise this poll had been created, but here's something I raised on your members ride post:

RS GOLF is online. Last active: 8/16/2005 5:25:50 AM
RS GOLF

Top 100 Posts

Joined on 27 Jul 2004
S. E. London
Posts 658

Re: My Dub after a couple of mods!

M15_DST wrote:

are they the smoked ones matey???

My diesel smoke might tint them for me!!!

Its a toss up between the tinted ones and the red bit at the top and bottom

M15 DST,

Have you considered the slightly darker standard lights.... I have these and they look great:

Standard Spec GTI:

New Darker Hella lights (these were never fitted to Golfs as standard):

Pictures of the darker Hella lights on SEMS car (hope SEM does not mind), I have them on my car, but I do not have any pictures to show yet!!

Your Current lights:

Baker21 sells these... I hope that gives you some other options to think about...
Smile [:)]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
And IMO RCCR are a bit chavy.
CHAVVY??? [:O] How can you possibly say that when 99% of the people on here can't stand chavs, and a hefty percentage of those HAVE RCCR's? [*-)]

However, you are entitled to your opinion! [:)]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
CHAVVY??? [:O] How can you possibly say that when 99% of the people on here can't stand chavs, and a hefty percentage of those HAVE RCCR's? [*-)]

I think RCCR's look great on Silver and Mega Cool on Red...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Good poll this one.

I am happy to vote for clears, smoked, R/B/B/R's, R/C/C/R's as long as you buy them from me, LOL!!

Seriously though on a silver car the smoked and R/C/C/R's look the best, personal choice in the end though!!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

99% of the people on here may well not like Chavs and I am one of them, but I still think that RCCR lights are not what everyone makes out, I honestly think that they look nasty, (the clear sections anyway ) !! No offence, I am not trying to have a go at anyone who has these lights, each to their own, thats what I say, if you like them than thats all that matters. I think that (Red,White,White,Red) would be very very nice and I would probably go for a set myself, but I don't know if they exist ?? (Baker21??). I just don't like clear lenses, I once fitted some M3 style, Clear/Red lights on my old MK2 and they lasted all of 3 hours before I had to take them off !!! Just because a lot of people have them doesn't mean anything in this scene as everyone seems to follow what everyone else is doing (me included !!). It would be nice to see something original, going onto a car and I think that those all red (RRRR) are very rare and would look great on a silver car and thats not because I'm selling them, thats my honest opinion.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

Posted Image
Far too boring i think!! Why would you even consider putting these
on a silver car when RCCR's and Euro-spec ones look as spot on as could
be! [*-)][:$]
Easy answer is, because I have some to sell !!!! When they arrive
!!! Thats if I can decide on these or the US spec ones when
they arrive !! Either way one set has to go.
SOON. And IMO RCCR are a bit chavy.

OH !! I'm going to regret that, do your worst !!!
Dubswich where did you get the allreds from I have been looking for
thesee for years, inpro used to make emm but I cant find em anymore.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Just because a lot of people have them doesn't mean anything in this scene as everyone seems to follow what everyone else is doing (me included !!).
Well at least you've included yourself there as being partly to blame for following trends!

But the main reason i bought mine, was not because everyone has them, but because i knew i wouldn't find a better looking or better quality rear light for mine!

To me, when this many individuals buy the same set of lights it does mean that people have taste, and are not necessarily following a fashion.

I'm sure a small minority will have done. But at the end of the day people won't buy something if the product is cheap and nasty will they?

If that many sets are being bought it's because they all agree that these lights suit most colours of the MK4!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts