Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><VoteOptions question="January Photography Challenge - Vote here!" description="Please review the finalists at http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/453578/ShowPost.aspx#453578 before voting!

Cheers,

David"><a>Off the Rails - Caeclyd</a>Wood - Caeclyd<c>Chalk - Cat1.4</c><d>Cone - Clipstone</d><e>Plug - Clipstone</e><f>Squire - CraigGSI</f><g>Spider - Gold28611</g><h>Dew Web - pmb2000</h>Old Rope - pmb2000<j>Fightclub at the Nailbar - Vedhead</j><k>Reflecting on Life - Vedhead</k></VoteOptions>

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cat gets my vote. Just beautiful photography and so unique. It takes a great eye to see beyond the chalk art above it so i like that she's made art from the original art's cast offs, if you get what i'm on about.

Great work!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I voted for cat to. I cant seem to decide what makes  good pick but for cat to find something so good yet random she must be very clued up !

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Aw, thanks guys for the really nice comments [:$]

It's funny how nobody else (including the chalk artists) noticed it,
but straight away I saw the colours mixing on the ground and thought
they were beautiful. I think vdubman got the randomness part right [:D]

I still haven't voted yet, I'm finding it hard to choose between a couple of them - some really nice pics in there

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I still haven't voted yet, I'm finding it hard to choose between a couple of them - some really nice pics in there
More like Cat+beers=imtimate with concrete [;)]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts

More like Cat+beers=imtimate with concrete [;)]
[:p] Except it was the middle of the day. Oh, no wait...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Its difficult deciding to pick just one photo to vote for, they're all really good.

Chalk by Cat is really good, I'm glad that photo's don't capture smell - I can only imagine where the photo was taken and how close Cat's nose was to an unsavoury pavement.[:O][:D] On first look the blue and red chalk dust seem to be computer enhanced, until you notice the fibres of the string & conclude its likely to be original & unedited.

Old Rope by pmb2000 is also intriguing. The central focus of tired old nylon rope, the motion of the water and a battered old rowing boat evoke childhood memories.

For me, Vedheads Unusal Beauty is inspired. Lighting, shadows and humour - Who'd have thought nail scissors were interesting?!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Chalk by Cat is really good, I'm glad that
photo's don't capture smell - I can only imagine where the photo was
taken and how close Cat's nose was to an unsavoury pavement.[:O][:D] On
first look the blue and red chalk dust seem to be computer
enhanced, until you notice the fibres of the string & conclude
its likely to be original & unedited.
Indeed it is (original)... and the alley is actually quite a nice little
place! The drawings are all on the right-hand wall so unseen in the
below pic, but the sharp eyed among you will see where I spotted the
pink chalk landing

Pink and blue (unedited) swan [;)] : Clicky

Alley : Clicky

Thanks again for the comments [:)]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Tight as hell between Aaron and Catriona.... That's all I'm sayin! (I meant my vote, I know it is anyway between them in the poll before some wise person passes comment [:p])

C

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sorry I havn't posted here yet - been hectic with work since in got back from Thailand and the weekend was a bit mad with the Drive to Manchester....anyway good luck to everyone, some great pics here

My vote is cast....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.