Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><VoteOptions question="Golf Or Bora???" description="Hi I've got two deals offered to me here they are...

P/X in my Golf SDI strip everything off the car apart from the springs and tints and spoiler. and get a Bora 1.6SE Y reg with 50k on the clock, alloys, colour coded also in that nice R32 look blue.. Or.......

P/X in my Golf SDI leave everything on the car and get a 51 plate golf 100bhp tdi not colur coded and 80k on the clock, the colour is Metallic Black..

On the Bora they want ?3300 on top and the Golf they want ?4k on top, now what would you choose??

Thanks for the help

Sonny"><a>Bora 1.6SE nice blue colour like Matt V5's one and get to keep all my mods from my SDI</a>Golf TDI 100bhp version, and have to start all over again on modding</VoteOptions>

·
Registered
409 Posts
Def go for the Bora - its a cracking car and you will be surprised by
the 1.6. Besides thats the best colour [;)] also less of an out-lay in
dosh plus if don't want to reuse any of the mods you can sell them
seperatly andd get some money back.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Is it Raven Blue or Mercato Blue? If its the latter its the same as my old 1.6SE (Bora only colour)

Posted Image

I won't bother giving my view of course [:)]

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Deffo go for the Bora mate.  I traded my SDi for a Bora SE TDi (110) back in December and I love it to bits.  Like your saying, I stripped my SDi and stuck most of the bits on the Bora too, and what I couldn't keep I sold on and made a wee bit on top.  The only thing I wasn't keen on with the Bora was the velour seats, but I have solved this by getting rid of them and fitting a GTi interior which looks a lot better and is a lot more supportive.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sitting down with my dad...tried to convience him to let me buy thr bora...but he dont see the car through our eyes...he dont like it at all...so it most likey going to be the golf...got a early morning tomoro to come together with a deal on the car...its looking like about 3500 on top for a 51 plater with me taking off my alloys and hopefully the front and rear valances... and all the lights.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Why do you need your dad's permission to buy a car? The Bora sounds like the much better option of the two IMO

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why do you need your dad's permission to buy a car? The Bora sounds like the much better option of the two IMO
reason being hes paying for the car...and time to time he drives the car...he says the car looks squashed up...personally i love the car...but he wont budge...just waiting on a phone call from the dealers to tell me wheather we have a deal or not...

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
No no no!!! Never let your parents pay for your car, infact anything!!

They then have a say! They can rule you! I'd keep the car you got now instead of going down that route!!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No no no!!! Never let your parents pay for your car, infact anything!!

They then have a say! They can rule you! I'd keep the car you got now instead of going down that route!!
my dad brought me this car for me...he was more into doing up than me...why u think it was done so fast...the day my dad picked the car up to surprise me her had already fitted my rims to the car and had bare items on ebay on watch for the mk4 golf...hes more of a modder than i was...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no deal could be done on the black golf we was only out by a few hundred quid...test drived a civic 1.6 v-tech...god was i impressed...was getting a very very good deal on that cus we couldnt get a deal on the tdi golf...but theres a new car that has poped up now...its a mk4 golf in the goldie colour they doo its a 130bhp tdi golf...insurance no probs...but its not a gt? its got all the standard black strips on it...got velour interior...and dinky 5 spoke alloys on it that you would buy for your granny...hopefully want to do a deal on that...wish me luck...

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just baught a GT TDI 115bhp version 2000 X reg, heated seats and loads of other stuff. more info when the car comes on saturday.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep but I'm selling my car to pay for the new, so the ne golf was just baught outright.

So anyone looking for an SDI with an anni kit and RS4's and lowered and tinted pm me.

Sonny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts