Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><VoteOptions question="Define Modifying .....Poll" description="Modifying A Car & What Matters ...When owning a Moddified Car ,Does It Realy matter what a car looks like As long as the owner likes it "><a>What Matters Whether You Like It </a>What Matters Whether Ya Family Like it <c>What Matters Whether Others Will Like It </c><d>What Matters Do You Care ....</d></VoteOptions>

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think most people buy nicer cars to show off. Putting bigger wheels on is to show off more etc. If you love the car your in and you "think" you look good to your peers then thats the main thing.

I guess even if a Nova boy with a giant whale tail and 4 exhuasts thinks he look "da bomb" to the other chavs he hangs around with then thats money well spent on his. Im sure he cares little for the opinions of people he doesnt even like. If his Chav mates inform him looks like a total idiot then im sure he will be returning to standard in no time.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It has to be whether you like it! Judging by half the chavved up motors going around, these guys must like how their cars look???[+o(] Everyone has different tastes. Personally i prefer just subtle mods. I'd also like to think that people like how my car looks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
They are kinda linked.

"I bought these 20in alloys cos i like them" but why do you like them "cos they get me noticed etc"

so to be noticed in a favourable way the mods have to be liked by others.

ergo your more likely to like it if others like it too.

I think my brain is in a knot :)

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
It's an expression of your personal style and sometimes also knowledge. I choose some modifications to reflect how I would have designed the package as a whole, or maybe because I know xyz makes a certain technical improvement. I like to know about the stuff I modify and have a considered motivation for doing it. First and foremost it's got to make me happy. I don't care if something is hidden out of view, if I know it's there and I know it's made an improvement, I'm grinning ear to ear.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I think most people buy nicer cars to show off. Putting bigger wheels on is to show off more etc. If you love the car your in and you "think" you look good to your peers then thats the main thing.
Showing off seems a bit harsh.. People buy cars because they like them... and mod them to make them look a bit different from the norm and I guess some do it to attract a partner.

I do agree that if you love the car you own then that's all that should matter [:D]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well there's a few mixed views on this and looking at the poll it looks like most mod their cars coz they like the way it looks ,

i shall be doing a right up on the results that are found , and some may have already worked out why i have done this poll ...[:D]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol at you lot .....

yer ya maybe right arron but who knows until it finishes lol still not long to go now ......[:)]

looks like whether you like it is winning so far

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I like to do the subtle things that only a fellow enthusiast would really notice, however, I have a set of alternative alloys fitted, just so the car stands out from the crowd a bit.

So I guess I do it for a mixture of reasons, to impress my peers and to stand out from the norm.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One more day to go before the poll ends and results will be posted within 2-3 days ...

should be intresting what people say after

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think that there are varying degrees of modifying, and as such affect the way in which i might judge a car...

1)First of all there are the people that go to halfrauds and get a load of stick on crap and put in on their car and say look ive modified my car!! [+o(]

2)People who just stick some wheels on and lower and add an air filter/exhaust have modified their cars but its hardly significant... its more an improvement than modification (depends on the wheels of course) [:^)]

3)Then there are the people who really make the effort, so its things like a TT dash in a Mk2 with a 1.8T engine or VR6, or people who fit lambo style doors etc that to me is real modifing, ie changing it far enough from the original that anyone can see that it has been modified. [H]

Obviously it can and often does go hideously wrong, ie big tatty body kits, spinners, rubbish paint jobs, etc but when its done right these cars look amazing regardless of make and show that some people have real skill and creativity when modifying cars.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think that there are varying degrees of modifying, and as such affect the way in which i might judge a car...

1)First of all there are the people that go to halfrauds and get a load of stick on crap and put in on their car and say look ive modified my car!! [+o(]

2)People who just stick some wheels on and lower and add an air filter/exhaust have modified their cars but its hardly significant... its more an improvement than modification (depends on the wheels of course) [:^)]

3)Then there are the people who really make the effort, so its things like a TT dash in a Mk2 with a 1.8T engine or VR6, or people who fit lambo style doors etc that to me is real modifing, ie changing it far enough from the original that anyone can see that it has been modified. [H]

Obviously it can and often does go hideously wrong, ie big tatty body kits, spinners, rubbish paint jobs, etc but when its done right these cars look amazing regardless of make and show that some people have real skill and creativity when modifying cars.
That is exactly what i am talking about but in a slightly diffrent manner .....well ya see what i mean soon ...[:D]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts

I guess even if a Nova boy with a giant whale tail and 4 exhuasts thinks he look "da bomb" to the other chavs he hangs around with then thats money well spent on his. Im sure he cares little for the opinions of people he doesnt even like. If his Chav mates inform him looks like a total idiot then im sure he will be returning to standard in no time.
LOL LOL
Do you think this qualify?s for a chav wagon?

And YES it is all from halfords!

he lives across the road from me and i have seen all sorts of halfords junk enter the boot never to be seen again
and after all that effort the car is rustin to a pile of brown dust again 4 months down the line

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
LOL LOL
Do you think this qualify?s for a chav wagon?

And YES it is all from halfords!

he lives across the road from me and i have seen all sorts of halfords junk enter the boot never to be seen again
and after all that effort the car is rustin to a pile of brown dust again 4 months down the line

Posted Image
There was a time when I actually thought cars like this might actually go fast, but I know a bit more about cars now and realise what that sort of thing is all about [:|]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I think we should post a (who has got pics of the worst chav wagon)

and then have a chav wagon of the month award

i will start it off

1 - 20 of 27 Posts