Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><VoteOptions question="Custom Anni dead pedal samples - which looks best?" description="I've made these 'mock ups' of a custom Anni dead pedal (because VW never made one) and have been experimenting with a few patterns.

The pedal itself will be made of 3mm thick aluminium and will be finished in the 'brushed' effect. The original Anni rubber bobbles are 8mm dia. but I can only get hold of these in 10mm.

So which do you think looks best?

Sample 1
Posted Image

Sample 2
Posted Image

Sample 3
Posted Image
"><a>Sample 1</a>Sample 2<c>Sample 3</c></VoteOptions>

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you gonna start producing these? Would be a nice addition to the pedals, which reminds me i need some pedals 1st ;)
Probably not but it all depends on demand [;)]

I'm making a master template from plastic so I guess mass production is possible.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Are you gonna start producing these? Would be a nice addition to the pedals, which reminds me i need some pedals 1st ;)
Probably not but it all depends on demand [;)]

I'm making a master template from plastic so I guess mass production is possible.
I'll have one of those bad boys - Option 2 was my prefered, but they all look really good.

Mike.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Seems like a great idea. If you could get these made at a good price
you could sell quiet a few i think, the tt dead pedals can go for alot
when they pop up it seems

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
If you would be prepared to make a few of these and they come out well I would buy one from you.  Design 2 is my preference.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Seems like a great idea. If you could get these made at a good price you could sell quiet a few i think, the tt dead pedals can go for alot when they pop up it seems
If I remember correctly, my tt dead pedal from Audi was about ?20.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers for the responses guys, keep them coming [Y]

I personally think number 3 looks the best.

Sample 2 is ok but I dont like where the circles start going down in 3's as there is too much gap between the first row and the edge of the dead pedal.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Now admittedly, I'm not going on a genuine one, but for style, number 3 gets my vote... The nice break to me matches the slight arch in one's foot (OK I'll quit the toff accent heh), and kinda defines the two parts of your foot. That probably only makes sense to me but I know what I mean [:)]

C

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I printed the patterns out on to paper and stuck them over the dead pedal to see what they would look like next to the pedals.

Sample 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sample 3

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think i've changed my mind and now prefer the look of Sample 2 [:S]

What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I actually now think sample two i think its due to where the
empty/clear section is as its not aligned with the pedals if you get
what i mean??

Sat

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Embarrassing, but yeah. I'm thinking of U-turning on sample 3 and going with Sample 2.

Sat's got the explaination spot on - the alignment is so far out it looks odd - best t ohave the grips consistantly going up the pedal

C

1 - 20 of 24 Posts