Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><VoteOptions question="Chamois vs Microfibre" description="Just given my car a wash (comes up so nice with just a wash after you have diamondbrited it!) and chamois'd it off, it just got me thinking, what's the best, chamois or microfibre towels? I havent even used a microfibre towel, so please vote away and give reasons for your choice should you wish"><a>Chamois Leather</a>Microfibre Towel<c>Other (please specify)</c></VoteOptions>

·
Registered
521 Posts
Blade and a pair of m/f drying towels. Got a large m/f towel from Autopia, but tbh, the 2 smaller ones are just as good and are more flexible and easier to use.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
yep, autoglym synthetic chamois for me also, i was amazed at how well it works. it looks like its doing a really poor job to begin with but the finish after is incredible. [Y]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
yep, autoglym synthetic chamois for me also, i was amazed at how well it works. it looks like its doing a really poor job to begin with but the finish after is incredible. [Y]
That was exactly the same for me!!

I used it for the first time thinking this is a waste of money then looked at it again and it looked Stunning [:D][:D]

·
Registered
37 Posts
yep ive been using the autoglym one of a few yrs now its lasted ages and have tried lots of different ones and found nothing better  i dont even have to use a blade with it ...  makes life very easy

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
Rich supplied me with a microfibre towel used in the cleaning industry and it's fantastic (cheers Rich!)

I've used Pittards Chamois, Autoglym Synthetic and Meguires Microfibre and none come close!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys! I'm now using a microfibre towel and chamois! Still find chamois dries better, but microfibre towels are really good for detialing.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I use a big MF towel I got in the states.

I've also got a blade but I am not 100% they are safe. Any comments?

I used a chamois for years with no problems though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts