Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><VoteOptions question="Car of the Year 2005 - VOTE NOW!" description="Many congratulations to all who were put forward by other members for this poll to decide which is the UK-MKIV of the year, 2005.

Please place your votes now to represent your choice of members car which you think deserves the title and prizes associated with it!

Poll will close on the 21st December, just in time for Christmas :D"><a>MkIV Turbo </a>phat4<c>RS Golf</c></VoteOptions>

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Cat, sorry to point out the obvious here after reading the numerous replies to this thread, but how come RS GOLF is one of the top 3 when he specifically asked to NOT be included in this competition?? [:^)]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll just paste in what I put in the other thread...

That's a very selfless gesture RS Golf, thank you for taking the time
and considering the full membership of this forum.

We feel that the winner of this award is chosen by the forum members
and as it would not be right for uk-mkivs to censor that opinion by
omitting members who reach enough nominations to be entered in the
vote. By all means people are welcome not to nominate you in favour of
other members.

This competition is a free personal choice for UK-MKIV/V of the year,
so all previous Car of the Month winners may be included if you feel
them deserving of the title.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Such a hard choice.....i'll have to think about it and post later on.

Need a few beers, some food then i'll be ready to place my vote!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Well that's not exactly a fair statement to make is it? You should give everyone the right to decline being nominated if that's what they want, thus giving others a better chance to make the running!

If you said you didn't want to be voted for, you'd expect people to understand that and not vote wouldn't you?

He has a fantastic car, there's no denying it, and it does deserve a place in the final i think, BUT, i understood his request and hence didn't vote for him. It still beats me why people kept nominating him once he'd made it plainly obvious he wanted to be excluded???? [:^)]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Gotta be Cameron's Golf. It looks as it should and is not debadged or smoothed like the other two. Plus it has never been up for any award unlike the others and its owner is one of the most genuine helpful and pleasant lads on here.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Cat, sorry to point out the obvious here after reading the numerous replies to this thread, but how come RS GOLF is one of the top 3 when he specifically asked to NOT be included in this competition?? [:^)]
I've just noticed this and I was hoping to have been left out of this poll, but I guess I must participate... good like to everyone.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
RS GOLF gets my vote still, although I don't think that picture does his car the justice it deserves[Y][Y]
Ditto on both counts Lee.

I voted for kev's golf.

The picture to use, imo, is the one he posted on the nomination thread for this competition. Car looks awesome.

EDIT : This one.. [H]

Posted Image

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
As Kev's finally given into all that peer pressure, vote cast - that is one electrifying cast, and yeah Dan the one you've just put above this is my favourite as well!

Oh and Kev, you really should be SMILING when driving that car (have a look in the picture in the first/second post!) [;)]

C

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
All 3 cars are stunning. But my vote goes to RS GOLF. Full credit is due for a stunning Golf, and a nice chap too. Was great to meet and chat at length with you @ Edition38 mate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.