Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, im sure the people with Black cars will understand me here, it has to be a top job doesnt it,lol

I love cleaning my car, i just want some better products to get a deeper wetter look shine. Sometimes swirls can develop and it looks very untidy.

I have got Auto Glym SRP (radiant wax) and i think thats great, i also have Megs NXT gen wax. Im sure there are better sealants/waxes out there,there are so many, i have got my eye on some harlys on ebay.

What sorta polishes/top coat products do the black people on here use? inc the Mayor [:D]

Also what sort of order, number of coats? do they get applied?

cheers

joN

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers! useful all that lot.

I now have a list of stuff that sounds decent enough.

P21S Gloss enhancing paint cleanser

Klass All in One

Clearkote Vanilla Mouse wax

P21S Carnuba wax

Klass Sealent glaze

Pinnacle soveran

Clearkote hand glaze

Any recomendations before i research each one?

cheers

joN

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Out of your list, you really dont need it all, I've cut it down to the following, which is also the order of application :

Klass All in One

P21S Gloss enhancing paint cleanser

Clearkote hand glaze

Klass Sealent glaze

P21S Carnuba wax

I'v eput the P21S wax down over the Souveran, being that the souveran hasnt got as long a life as the P21S, Its great stuff for show & an amazing "Bling" shine, but for day to day use it tends to burn off quickly, the P21S will last 2-3 times longer, In my experiance..........

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, thanks. I was hoping to have an even smaller list than that to buy actualy,lol gonna get myself some of these products and attack my car again, when this weather holds off.

joN

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Mine is black magic pearl (LC9Z) and all I use is P21S cleanser, P21S Canuba, Clearkote Vanilla moose glaze and Sonus claybar now & again. Was good enough for a trophy at Edition38's show'n'shine this year so can't be bad............

·
Registered
39 Posts
One of my favourite product combinations for black solid and metallic is CG's Ez-Glaze, followed by a coat of 50/50 mix of CG's Factory Sealant and M-Seal and topped with 1 or 2 coats of XXX Hardcore wax.

Here's an example of one I did Saturday using the above products

Black Ford Cougar

Obviously good preparation is important, and if that is right any top coats will give great results

·
Registered
140 Posts
If your budget allows! Try ZYMOL or SWISSOL products. I have used & still use ZYMOL wax (the one & only) on all my cars & have never found anything better yet! But then I haven't tried any of the products that others here have mentioned. It is expensive though!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Theres just so many damn products out there! Im in the process of putting a list together and getting a whole new lot of kit. I know I have asked the question before but I want to whittle my list down to just the products I will need, I know some of these are similar to each other,

P21s carnuba wax,

Klasse All In One,

Clearkote vannilla mouse wax,

Klasse sealent glaze

P21s Gloss enhancing paint cleanser,

Harly Paste Wax

And Im also guessing the order is: Polish/Glaze/Sealent/Wax?

also, do you need a glaze if your waxing? I was planning on a bit of the ol Spit Shine method. Is it better to use 2 diferent waxes?

I'd apreciate somone to just make it simple and say right!, go and buy this for this, this for this and this and go and polish your car!

I'll get there soon,lol

joN

·
Registered
123 Posts
from the above I would go one of two routes.

For a shinier more durable finish.

Polish - Klasse All In One
Seal - Klasse Sealant Glaze
Wax (if you want to add some wetness) - P21s with regular top ups. 3M Show car for better durability.

If you were to buy the above i'd go with Carlack Sealant Kit and P21s from CARSparkle. The Carlack products are the new versions of Klasse direct from Germany rather than being re-branded for the US market. I've just bought this site and the stock of CARSparkle as they offer better value for money and for better products.

Alternatively for a wetter look:

Polish - Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze
Seal - Poorboys EX-P
Wax - Harlys or P21s. However this time of year I'd be tempted to go with the Collinite #845 which should see you through to spring [:O]

All available from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

No point spit shining two waxes either IMHO.

Much of the 'art' of detailing is down to the preperation, on a swirl free car all products will look great.

Cheers Tim

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Yes its the same stuff !

This is my missus corsa done with the Klasse Twins & Collinite 476, ready for winter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Th emore layers you build up of Sealant Glaze, the better, deeper & wetter the shine..........................

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.