Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After weeks of weekend rain, managed to find a few hours of sunshine on saturday to give the bus some TLC.

Apart from number plates - no photoshopping at all! Well chuffed!

Just a warm up for the 'BIG CLEAN' before inters!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Have you got a close up of your wheels? I am about to get some anni refurbs and I am guessing you have them too.

Just wondering what your look like close up

O and yeah...very very nice and clean...liking black allot just lately!

Tom

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is what is funny! Ussually I use zymol (not the royal glaze unfortunately!), but I didn't have enough left; so I did it with a two year-old bottle of black turtlewax....christ was I shocked, came up better than I thought it would!

Rained on monday though [:(]

On the plus - got some quality beading!!!!. lol

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
This is what is funny! Ussually I use zymol (not the royal glaze unfortunately!), but I didn't have enough left; so I did it with a two year-old bottle of black turtlewax....christ was I shocked, came up better than I thought it would!

lol..... what polish did you use, if any?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Full res wheel photo as requested!

Camera is a bit pants up close though. sorry if you wanted more definition!

I was well disappointed with them at the time, I looked into getting them black chromed so they look like the originals again.

But now...they don't look that bad - they're pretty bright, and still look good! and getting them done would void the warranty!

Might reconsider my options when the warranty runs out, but I must say - you do get used to them!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Great thanks for that much appreciated...they are prob the best Anni refurbs I've seen! They do not look an awful lot different to the BBS RC's (original).

Will take a look at the wheels once they come into VW me thinks, then make a decision.

Cheers, Tom

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

lol..... what polish did you use, if any?
"Turtle Wax Colour Magic Plus"

Not my first choice - but wasn't bad.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great thanks for that much appreciated...they are prob the best Anni refurbs I've seen! They do not look an awful lot different to the BBS RC's (original).

Will take a look at the wheels once they come into VW me thinks, then make a decision.

Cheers, Tom
Technically they're not refurbs though - they are were brand new replacements from BBS!

I took a look at the wheels when they came into VW too. But...... Although slightly more bling.. corroded, potentially unsafe, 3 year old, curbed by previous owner wheels VS. Brand spanking new BBS RCs!! I was kidding myself when I thought I might keep the originals!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hmmmm anni wheels are 18x7.5J (unique to the anni in a ball burnished/lacquered finish). BBS also produced a standard RC alloy 18X8J in a painted finish with a BBS cap. What VW did was send corroded sets back to BBS who in turn 'refurbished' them. This is where your old corroded wheels end up and it is well documented on here. I think there is an official letter from VW that somebody scanned in telling us all about it.

The only way you would have 'new' wheels as such is if VW supplied you with the 18X8J wheels which were readily available from BBS. And this maybe the case because your wheels do look much better than others I have seen on SEM/ReflexTDI and Tony_Danzas cars.

If this is the case...lucky you!!! but your wheels look great anyway so que cera!

Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts