Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my golf today drove home all happy till the mrs tried the rear drivers side door and the outside handle will not open the door it would open from the inside so tried a few times and would have none of it so like a twat i turned the key in the hole by the lock well now i realise thats the child locks yes i know what a idiot but now i have a problem i cant open the door at all how the hell do i get around this please help. The garage was meant to repair the rear handle as the sales man had broke it previously but obviously not fixed it right.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes was really annoyed last night and had the door card off this morning and had a little look but cant get to anything without taking the window motor and all that off so waiting for the garage to phone back with a time to take it up as they can do the buggering about and fix it and put new parts on not just botch together the old ones which obviously had a problem in the first place

·
Registered
45 Posts
the original problem where the car opens regularly from inside but not outside sounds like a door belt got un-hooked. i had the same problem, u just need the belt re-attached, a dealer would do it for around 20-30 pounds. u can check urself if the belt has snapped by pulling the outside handle and look in the well to see if the belt is still attached

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the problem is the child lock was on when the handle decided not to work again so cant even open the door at all now but booked in tith the garage i got it from for them to fix it as they should have done in the first place. They now have the fun job of stripping the door from inside to open it in the first place now lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts