Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,i hope some of you can help me,i get 3 beeps when pulling off anywhere and a red (!),it is very inconsistant sometime there all day sometimes only a couple of time a day,i was told it was a handbrake,or low fluid issue,i checked my fluid and its fine,my handbrake light goes off as soon as i lower my handbrake,ive changed both back callipers as 1 was sticking,i did a vag test and it come up with a code of 00290 is this my abs sensor,my abs light doesnt come on at the dash so leads me to think its something else,please help me,its starting to put a strain on me and beginning to think of getting rid of the car,which i love but its killing me,thanks to anyone who can help me on this thanks

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i had this on my 4motion though for a while until i had the calipers and handbrake cable replaced...so could well be handbrake cable not releasing properly?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi,ive even tryed with handbrake cables off the caliper and made sure the caliper was fully released,thanks again for your input,its gladly recieved thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi,thanks ill definatly try that,fingers crossed i can sort it as i lov the car but its doing my head in

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi,ive slackened my handbrake cable again and at the mo fingers crossed no light or beeps,its a mk4 golf 1.4,thanks for all your help on this if it works i owe you all a beer,thank you

·
Boost Junkie
1,534 Posts
how about the fuse on top of the battery? underneath that square plastic cover (think abs is the middle one)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi thanks for your replys,checked for leaking banjo and its dry also checked fuses and all good there too,took off the handbrake cables and like i say no light,didnt lift the handbrake when i got home,just niped out to shops now and guess what light and 3 beeps,got back in and no beeps or lights when on way home again,it so annoying thanks again for your replys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts