Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't do pints. After two I'm feeling so bloated and uncomfortable, I go all quiet in a zen-like state [:|] Yet I know loads of skinny people that can down 'em like there's no tomorrow, without even a sign of needing to so much as go for a pee. Where does it all go?! [:S]

I once knew a girl that needed five pints to get drunk, and her brother, a real beanstalk, needed at least seven - WTF, I'd have exploded after three! When I was 12 at school one of my classmates confessed in a class discussion that his dad had ten pints (and at that age you knew half of what your peers said was BS) and got into a scrap or summat.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I start to feel a bit light headed after about 5. Start getting very conversational after 6 or 7, but easily drink 12 or more on a night out

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
It's not how many, it how many of what type of pint.

5 pints of Fosters isnt the same as 5 pints of Stella.

I can manage 5-6 pints of stella before it gets a bit blurry, after that its all down hill, fast. I cant say about Fosters, I havent drunk that since I was about 16, after all, it is a Training beer isnt it.

If I cant get Stella, I'll have Magnas, of which I can take about the same...

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I am a classic binge drinker.  I hit 4 pints and I am off to the bog every pint from then on.  it is funny as you sync up with other people, by the end of the night you have made new friends.  Just like women syncing up on the blob.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know not all pints are the same in terms of alcohol content, it's the sheer volume of liquid I'm talking about. If I want to get drunk I'll hit the spirits...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Binge drinker here too. When I was a few stone lighter I could drink more than I do now. 6 pints of bitter and then it starts to go down hill. I find lager make me need to go sooner.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can drink quite a lot considering my size. But hey im a student we get to practice this art more often than everyone else [:D] Where else do you think our student loans go, uni books and course fees?! [:)]

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
If I am out with the rugby boys on an all dayer then we normally drink around 15-20 pints each last army vs navy game at twickers we drank 22 pints 6 doubles and some cocktail over 11 hours.

At vw mania I drank our camp dry of 24 bottles of stella and then 2 bottles of vodka my body gives me jip every know and again but nothing serious and I dont drink like that regual.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
i can manage a fair amount of drink in terms of alcohol but i can't drink too many pints because they bloat me out and i'm always in the loo

my drink of choice (i can drink it any time of day and is the only thing i drink regularly) is WKD Blue. people take the **** saying its a girls drink but i just love the taste. if i have mates round of an evening i'll go though 8 bottles

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm not small, 6' 4" and tend to drink maybe 2/3 pints an hour when I first get out but that can speed up to about 4/5 when I've had a few. It's not big and not clever but if we go out on a Saturday afternoon into the evening can easily sink 14 pints. But then all my mates do, and they aren't all over 6 foot, so it's not a size thing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It depends on a few things but the main thing is how used to it you are, people who are "bigger" can generally drink more than skinny people but the more you drink alcohol the bigger your resistance to it becomes. If you've got 2 identical people, 1 who gets hammered most nights & the other who barely ever drinks, the person who's used to it will be able to drink far more than the other person without getting drunk.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think the late, great Roy Castle summed it up nicely ...

"Dedication's what you need..."

btw, has anyone ever tried drinking their normal pint quota in dark wheat beer from Germany? Hurts.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
I'm a big lad and can put it a way when the need arises. I'm not out
much these days being an old git but an average night could see 10 empty pint glasses. Like the Walrus, an all day rugby sesh can see a frighteing amount put away. Oh what fond memories I have of the world cup win..... starting with beer and a fry up at 7.30 in the morning.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts