Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Lads/lassies

Has anyone put a pillar pod into there car?? I'm dying to do it but as of yet have had feck all luck trackin one down, Apperently Impossible performance can do one for me with three pods, But with shipping it might be a bit much, I would love to see pics if someone has done it specially if it is in beige same as original.

Andy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm thinking of putting some nice gauges in myself. There are a few on here with some gauges in the dash but none that I know of with a pod of gauges on the pillar.

I'm sure someone will know of somewhere where you could find pics and probably an installation guide.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Posted Image

I am currently got these in my car, but I waiting for Impossible Performance to sent me a proper picture of the A-pillar pods they do with Single, dual or triple pods, before I decide to buy them. I got the ones I'm currently running from Burtons Engineering in Newbury Park, Essex.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote: posted by cage on 05/02/2004 22:55:58

Posted Image

I am currently got these in my car, but I waiting for Impossible Performance to sent me a proper picture of the A-pillar pods they do with Single, dual or triple pods, before I decide to buy them. I got the ones I'm currently running from Burtons Engineering in Newbury Park, Essex.

When Impossible send you a pic would you mind sending it on to me please, I've rang them for a pic but no doubt he'll forget. I'm dying to see how it turns out in the beige.

E-mail [email protected] (put MKIV's in the subject I get so many junk mails)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Would love to get a set of gauges =- cant decide on either the Centre ones above the stereo or the a-pillar ones??

Got e-mail from immpossible-performance -

A-pillar mount starts from £60

DIN sized 3 Gauge mount is £22

Golf gauges with blue and red ligthing to match interior =£65-70

Seems a resonable price?

Anyone got some more pics??

Cheers

·
Registered
372 Posts
i like the dash/console boost guage, the one that goes in the info panel...anyone have any details.

sorry the description is a bit vague!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got mine today [:)]

The centre mounting is good as they are angled and looks good.

The quality is reasonable thought, does look a bit DIY (SWG made).

Will be test fitting tomorrow. Will try to get a picture.

Having to send the boost gauge back to get a replacement as it is dented [:(]

S

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quote: posted by Colin Mitchell on 06/02/2004 15:09:35

Try www.42draftdesigns.com they have trimmed pods for vw's, very smart.

I know this is an old thread but if i get a golf the first mod i want is a boost gauage (no not F&F) cuz i saw the 42dd website and fell in love with the OEM look pillar pod! But unfortunatly i talked to the guy who runs it and they dont offer a RHD version and the LHD wont fit! And tbh those plastic ones kinda look poo cuz u loose the OEM look! I guess that its either the steering pod or the gauge in the dash.

·
Registered
176 Posts
damn, wish I'd never looked at that site. Now im annoyed because I cant have one of those horny a-piller pods!

Wonder how many we'd have to buy to get them to open the mould for RHD.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote: posted by Bodley on 05/04/2004 22:03:39

Wonder how many we'd have to buy to get them to open the mould for RHD.

Could be the makings of a group buy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just e-mailed them to see how many we would need to buy for them to open the mould. Not getting my hopes up though as the figure will probably be silly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Their reply:-

Thanks for your interest. To do a RHD version we would need the following:

1. An authorized UK distributor for 42 products. Right now we do not have a dealer in the UK. They would have to be an established business, not an individual.

2. A commitment for at least 100 units. Molds are very expensive and we don't break even until 100+ units. It would take a 100 to make the business case.

If you think there's that much interest and can find a distributor who is willing to order and deal with the import challenges, then let me know.

Any Takers? Must be a few people who work for accessory dealers on here? Their retails are cheap so I'm sure distributor pricing would be very good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts