Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the look of the RS (RS4) badge over the GTI badge, plus it keeps people guessing to what it is, and it looks a bit different - A lot of people try to race me, all the time, to find out what is under the bonnet - They soon learn not to try again..[:D]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interior was done by Jamie at CARISMA in Colchester Essex. I had factory leather from new but it looked a bit worn with the cracks and creases, after two years (don't know why as I have not even covered 20,000 miles yet) so I had it retrimed and had the red sticking added. For ?1,700 I had the five headrest, front door cards, Rear side panels, Gear gator, handbrake handle, armrest and the front and back seats done. I had the red sticking added to stay with the red and black theme. The leather is super and always smells brand new every time you get in.

Thank you for the kind Comments

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Your car sits beautifully!!

Less is more by the looks of you motor?

I want those rims!!

What brakes are hiding behind those CH's?

Can I suggest a smaller aerial? S2000, Civic or comething similar?

Oh and I can't resist but what about some R/C/C/R's? I know someone that can sell them for a good price??? Hint, Hint!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry Baker21 for being stupid but what are R/C/C/R's?

Brakes are TT 312mm painted Red with Black Diamond Drilled Discs

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Quote: posted by RS GOLF on 02/08/2004 22:18:26

Sorry Baker21 for being stupid but what are R/C/C/R's?

They are Hella rear lamp clusters with the R/C/C/R meaning that they are Red/Clear/Clear/Red when looking down from the top of the lamp, whereas your standard lamps are Red/Orangeish Smoke/Orangeish Smoke/Red, would look the business on your car mate, well worth a buy! [:D]

·
Registered
811 Posts
Lovely car mate.... IMHO all you need to finish the styling is colour code the valances, and maybe a black VW badge on the rear. Finish of the interior with black headlining too...oh and brushed alu trim if you dont already have it!

Very big thumbs up tho, clean and simple!!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
i luv ur car dude. my mate has those rims on his silver golf and ive always wanted to swap them with my 19 inch OZ SuperLeggeras just to see what the look like on a black golf but now i know.

I had planned to have exactly the same retrim as that, black leather with red stiching. Looks sweet! I was planning on having the GTi logo stiched into the leather about the Recaro tho.

My opinion on the badge is that i actually like it. Im usually one of those people who hate badges especially different to stock ones but it actually looks ok and with all your mods i fink u are ALMOST worthy of it (almost!!!) LOL

1 - 20 of 60 Posts